Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 6510

My wireless printer has stopped printing. The error message on the printer says it cannot connect to the server yet the printer Wireless Network Test Results shows all connectivy issues are fine. All other wireless devices work fine.

HP tech support says the printer is too old, I'm lucky it worked fine last week, and buy a new printer.  

Any rational thoughts would be be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@troubled7

Thank you for joining the HP Support Community

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you please help me with the operating system of your computer?

Is the wireless light flashing or Steady?

Let's try resetting the printer and check if the works out!

I have sent you a private message, to perform the Semi-full reset on the printer that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

The operating system is Windows 7 and the light if steady - not flashing.

Thanks for responding. My prior discussion with HP support was most disappointing.

HP Recommended

@troubled7

If you have performed reset on the printer and the if the issue persists, this could be a possible hardware issue.

I would personally suggest you contact our HP Support for one on one interaction. 

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Step 2. Sign in / sign in as a guest

Step 3. Enter the product number or select to auto detect

Step 4. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 5. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Keep me posted on further assistance. Hope that helps! 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Tried the link you suggested and can't locate the form I need to complete. 

Is it possible for you to text or e-mail me the phone number?

Thanks

HP Recommended

@troubled7

I need a few details to help you to contact HP support that cannot be shared in a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply back in the private message.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.