Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 15-ch0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Model: Spectre x360 15-ch0xx (2018)

Issue: Front left speaker usually doesn't work (no sound output); sometimes works for a short time; sometimes cuts in and out.  This has been going on for several months; have tried the below troubleshooting methods.  A previous BIOS update (to F.31) seemed to resolve the issue for a few weeks but eventually the issue returned.  Just updated BIOS to F.33 and the left speaker is still not working.  Right speaker is functioning normally.

Troubleshooting methods tried:

- Uninstalled/reinstalled audio drivers (RealTek HD Audio version 6.0.8940.1)

- Updated BIOS (just updated from F.31 to F.33)

- HP Audio Diagnostics (no issues found)

- Hard reset

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I sent it in for service and HP replaced both the front and rear left speakers.  The issue seems to be resolved for now although considering how common this issue seems to be, I worry there may be a fundamental issue with this model and the issue may reoccur.  Very disappointing quality for a premium device.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@sp3ctr3

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• Step 1: Restart the computer
  • Step 2: Run the Audio Check in HP Support Assistant
  • Step 3: Use the troubleshooting tool in Windows
  • Step 4: Test external speakers or headphones
  • Step 5: Update the audio driver

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04973149 to complete the troubleshooting steps.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I already tried those steps as I noted in my original post.  I'm suspecting a possible hardware failure.

I contacted HP Support and they are having me send in my notebook for service (it's still under extended warranty coverage).

HP Recommended

@sp3ctr3

Good to know that issue is addressed.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I sent it in for service and HP replaced both the front and rear left speakers.  The issue seems to be resolved for now although considering how common this issue seems to be, I worry there may be a fundamental issue with this model and the issue may reoccur.  Very disappointing quality for a premium device.

HP Recommended

@sp3ctr3

I understand your concerns.

Do not worry. After replacing the speaker it will not give you any problem.

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

If you face any issue, please get back to us. We will assist you.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.