Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP envy 360x
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After few minutes in zoom, I see a message saying microphone stopped working and hear continuous loud buzz sound. The only way to get rid of it is to power off and turn on. I installed AMD driver from amd site and current driver is 20.8.3. Disabled windows updates to avoid incompatible drivers. But still it keeps crashing. Any other suggestions? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you. Haven't tried the method you suggested. But just today's update. Got new BIOS update yesterday. Installed it. Removed AMD 20.9.1.  Removed AMD device update from show hide tool (It was no longer there, not sure why). Got driver from windows update again. 

So basically my laptop is running, 

Yesterday's bios update + AMD driver from windows update.

No issue using zoom this morning. Will keep monitoring and will update if it crashes.

l3v3l_1-1601314096911.png

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

See this discussion and the related link I posted and see if it helps any...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Audio-amp-Microphone-Cutting-Out-During-Zoom-on-HP-Envy...

HP Recommended

Thank you I will give it a try. I had 2020 Edition 20.9.1 installed before which crashed too, so used older 20.8.x version. I will try the rollback method this time. Will let you know how it goes.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

"Roll back driver" never got enabled. So for now I used the "Choose your automatic updates" option. Let see how good is this "20.9.1".

HP Recommended

I was able to use the roll back driver option.

I could not use the hide windows updates option because the Microsoft driver got installed so fast, I couldn't run the tool in time.

Glad you were able to use that option which is just as good.

The automatic driver from MS will not install unless you run the utility again and uncheck the hide updates box next to that update.

HP Recommended

Crashed again after one and half hour. Driver is still 20.9.1. Its less frequent now. Hope my son will get through one session of his zoom class without break.

HP Recommended

I sure hope that HP, AMD & Realtek can collaborate on fixing this problem.

It has to be a driver issue of some kind.

A very nice notebook that has a major issue, when half the country is on Zoom nowadays.

HP Recommended

Hey there, mine is doing the same thing - but not all the time...it's like 50/50.  This morning the speaker stopped working - yesterday my mic stopped working...although during the past week the annoying buzzing sound hasn't come back, but it's disappointing to buy a brand new 'pricier' laptop and ZOOM isn't working smoothly.  I've also been on another thread with folks who have the same issues at the beginning of the month.

HP Recommended

Try out this method suggested here by Musicpos, I've used it and it has been working for several days with no issue.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Audio-driver-issues-envy-15m-ee0013dx/m-p/7790082/highl...

The file for the driver should be sp105744.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.