09-30-2016 06:33 AM
Hey guys, so i was watching a video on my laptop when I had to suddenly leave. I closed my computer by simply shutting the screen and when I re-openned it, I was getting message saying that I have "No speakers or headphones plugged in". I have had this issue before and found that I it just required going into the Sound Drivers and updating and reinstalling a the drivers. I would then restart the computer and they would be redownloaded and the sounds was back. When I tried it last time, I accidentally deleted the main driver to the internal speakers and any headphones.
I tried going to the Intel website to redownload straight from them, but that didn't help either. Is there anything I can do to reinstall or replace this driver so I can llisten to music from my computers. Currently the only sound driver I have is Conexant ISST Audio, I deleted an Intel sound driver.
Thanks for the help.
09-30-2016 10:47 AM
I hope there is a x mark on the sound icon
1. Download the latest Audio driver from HP site ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp73501-74000/sp73979.exe a SP73979.exe file.
2. Extract it to the laptop and install it.
3. Reboot after the installation
4. You will still get the error after login again. No worry.
5. Go to this folder C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\SA3\HP-NB-AIO, run setup64.exe.
6. You will be prompted to UPGRADE, go ahead.
7. Then reboot the laptop again.
8. After login, the error is gone. But it is not done yet, you have no sound on the laptop(In few units).
9. Simply go to the taskbar and look for the Speaker icon, click on the Troubleshoot sound problems and the problem will be fixed.
I request you to try this steps and share me the observation ....
//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//
I am an HP employee!!
09-30-2016 01:05 PM
During the installation process my computer prompted me with an error message and said that it needed to restart. This happened twice becuase the installation never completed. After it happened twice it prompted me to restore, which failed and required a full shut down and update. When it came back on, sound and audio port were working just fine but the driver was still not installed. Everything is working fine though.
Thanks for the help,