Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-22-2021 01:34 PM
I have very recently discovered that my audio driver was corrupted; it was not corrupted a few days ago and as a result, I had uninstalled it but not deleted it from my pc. This deletion was around an hour ago and I have downloaded the newest driver possible. I am looking for guidance on how to install it into my pc and make it work. The new driver from windows is saved onto my PC's "Downloads" Folder.
02-05-2021 11:25 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating)
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community