Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-12-2020 07:51 AM - edited 01-12-2020 07:54 AM
I am unable to install the audio driver for my laptop since over a month. Tried all sort of things like uninstalling & reinstalling, locating the folder & then trying installing. Tried many things in the device drivers section but no luck. Audio driver denys to get installed at any cost. Please help me out & also help me to get the b&o driver for my laptop that i uninstalled accidentally.
01-14-2020 10:46 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: ( do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating )
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open the HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
01-17-2020 11:45 AM
I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.
The audio troubleshooter might be able to fix audio problems automatically.
To run the troubleshooter
- In the search box on the taskbar, type audio troubleshooter, select Fix and find problems with playing sound from the results, then select Next.
- Select the device you want to troubleshoot and then continue through the troubleshooter.
You can also launch the troubleshooter from audio Settings. Select Start > Settings > System > Sound > Troubleshoot.
If running the troubleshooter doesn't help, continue to the next tip.
To check for updates
- Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates.
- Do one of the following:
- If the status says "You're up to date, go to the next tip.
- If the status says "Updates are available," select Install now.
- Select the updates you want to install, then select Install.
- Restart your PC and see if your sound is working properly.
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community