Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP:da1015ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello first off, Sorry for my horrible english.

I will try to explain my issue in the most possible way and how it started

-First, while I was surfing the internet normally, I noticed a red mark on the sound in the taskbar I tried to run troubleshooting sometimes it says restart, troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem, the driver is already installed and etc.. (and the red mark exists)

-I tried to download the latest sound driver from the hp support website and run it on my PC but nothing happend, I tried to uninstall the current driver and Install the downloaded driver nothing happend and problem presents..

-I re-installed the windows and bom the sound cameback but whenever I try to install the graphic card driver Intel or Nvidia the problem returns, I tried to remove the Nvidia graphic driver and the Intel too but nothing happend.

-I thought the problem is from the hard itself so I formatted it and re-installed the windows the problem persists.. the sound works only when the graphic is not installed, the moment graphic card driver gets installed the sound is gone forever

-I went to PCklink to fix the issue and he managed to get the sound back on my notebook and worked alright.

-I returned home and tried to run a video and heared some popping/crackling sounds coming out of the laptop speakers I connected the headphone and the sound worked but a little bit calm

-I checked the sound driver to look what's wrong and found the driver called realtek driver not High definition driver, so does a different sound driver causes that's popping/crackling?? 

Untitled.jpg2.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is this the driver you tried to install (for 1903)?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-15-da1000-laptop-pc/23301551/model/260...

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

Yes, it is.

HP Recommended

Have you tried again?

Does the install give an error?

Have you completly updated Windows through settings?

Have you completly updated drivers, BIOS... through HP support assistant?

Regards,

David

HP Recommended

Yes I have tried it again..

3.jpg4.jpg

The problem is still there, also .. The laptop makes popping/crackling sound while I'm typing this without running any video/music or any sound.

------------------------------------------------------------

and now I'm updating windows now..

5.jpg

and after a while : 

7.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hp assistance support downloaded and I clicked "Check for updates and drivers" and it showed up a little window like this.6.jpg

After that a Red mark showed on the taskbar icon of HP support assistant and I click it but nothing happens.

8.jpg

HP Recommended

I restarted the Laptop after doing what you said and got this in my device manager, the original problem returned.

9.jpg

Note : I don't know what is BIOS and how to update it.

HP Recommended

Hi,

First, you need to click on add to my devices in HP support assistant.

hsupass1.PNG

Once you have added to my devices you will be able to update through HP support assistant.

hsupass2.PNG

It is red because you probably have very important updates. So update completly. You might need to reboot the PC a few times and go back into HP support assistant to continue. When updating BIOS, just let it update until Windows starts again, it will reboot a few times on its own.

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

Hello bro,

I did what you told me step by step

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

I did also an audio checkup it says hardware problem, but I can hear the sound whenever I install new windows with just sound driver not with other drivers installed

back to BIOS, I don't know why it's update isn't showing up in the drivers update... Is it updated on my Laptop or it has another way to be installed? , Thank you.

HP Recommended

OK. When you install Windows 10 the audio works and when you install graphics the audio stops.

Is this the driver you are installing, or are you letting Windows install the driver?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-15-da1000-laptop-pc/23301551/model/260...

Try running HP diagnostics at boot and in component test perform an audio test.

Turn of the PC by holding the power button. Turn on PC and continously keep pressing ESC until the startup menu appears and then press F2 to enter diagnostics. Open Component tests and test audio.

Some links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQYPYiBYxJE

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

I downloaded the Nvidia driver you gave to me and installed it although I have it installed on my PC and it didn't show the overwrite message which means that's new version is different from the one I had installed on my PC.

Another note : The screen kept goes black and returns again while running installing processs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Installed the HP PC hardware support and ran a system test and that's the result

14.jpg

and I ran boot component test and that's was the result

15.jpg

It asked me to listen to number of tones and all I heard was popping/crackling sounds nothing more, so I choosed "No sound" option. Which means that's probably a hardware problem?

note : sound running on fresh new windows and the moment I install the other drivers and perform a restart a red mark appears on it. does that's still make it a hardware problem?

A question : How can I be able to hear the sound if no sound driver installed?.

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.