Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Probook 450 G3 T3L12UT#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After upgrading the OS to Windows (10.0.14393), Conexant driver failed. No Device Installed. Also in Device Manager, Intel High Definition Audio is missing a driver. Can't find a copy (bundeled with another driver...video maybe).

Anyway, fixed the Conexant driver problem by totally uninstalling the Conexant ISST Audio application and re-installing.

My only problem now is that audio does not go out to a HDTV plugged into the HDMI port. Video goes well, but no sound. HDMI does not show in Audio Devices as well.

Any ideas? HDMI port tied to the Intel High Definition Audio device?

The Device ID's for the Intel HD Audio device are:

INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2809&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000
INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2809&SUBSYS_80860101

Thanks

Ed ski

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, that is the Intel HD audio device that needs the Intel graphics driver reinstalled.

I suggest this option to install the driver since sometimes simply reinstalling the Intel graphics driver doesn't work.

Download and install this free file utility.  The 2nd file on the list is for 64 bit.

http://www.7-zip.org/

After you install 7-Zip, download and save, but do not run this Intel graphics driver from your notebook's support page.

This package provides the Intel video drivers, control panel and display audio driver for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75501-76000/sp75984.exe

After you download the graphics driver file, right click on it and select 7-zip from the list.

Have 7-Zip Extract to:  and let it extract the file into its folder name (sp75984).

When that is done, go to the device manager and click on the problem Intel HDMI audio device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.

Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder 7-Zip created.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC, and you should be able to get both audio and video from the HDMI connection.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, that is the Intel HD audio device that needs the Intel graphics driver reinstalled.

I suggest this option to install the driver since sometimes simply reinstalling the Intel graphics driver doesn't work.

Download and install this free file utility.  The 2nd file on the list is for 64 bit.

http://www.7-zip.org/

After you install 7-Zip, download and save, but do not run this Intel graphics driver from your notebook's support page.

This package provides the Intel video drivers, control panel and display audio driver for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75501-76000/sp75984.exe

After you download the graphics driver file, right click on it and select 7-zip from the list.

Have 7-Zip Extract to:  and let it extract the file into its folder name (sp75984).

When that is done, go to the device manager and click on the problem Intel HDMI audio device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.

Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder 7-Zip created.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC, and you should be able to get both audio and video from the HDMI connection.

HP Recommended

This worked for me.

Thanks for the help.

Ed.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Capture.PNG

It Didnt Work 😞

HP Recommended

Hey can you tell me you reinstalled the conexant isst app. 

HP Recommended

You may have to first uninstall and delete the drivers for the following 2 devices in Device Manager:

Sound, video and game controllers > Conexant ISST Audio

Sound, video and game controllers > Intel(R) Display Audio

Sound, video and game controllers.png

THEN install the latest Conexant audio drivers and Intel video drivers posted on HP's website for your particular model.

This fix worked for all of our EliteBook 840 G3 units.

HP Recommended

This worked for me also on an SCCM built HP x2 1012 G2. Win10 Anniversary 1702. Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.