Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Ae122Tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Recently I brought a Hp Envy Ae 122 TX Notebook.In Specifications i read quad speakers with subwoofer .My problem is I get a very low sound from my laptop and the audio only comes from the bottom two speakers .My question is are they only speakers in the notebook ?I have grill next to my keyboard but no audio comes from that ?Is the output that low ?Only bottom two speakers work ? What's the thing with the grill next to my keyboard ?
Please Help ASAP
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@konnerdave

It looks like you were interacting with @Jeet_singh, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

You are right, I did some research and the user guide doesn't specifically mention sub-woofer, however, in the product specifications page - "Bang & Olufsen with Quad speakers and 1 subwoofer" is showing up, that said, if you've already reinstalled the audio drivers, reinstalled windows and yet the issue persists, I recommend you run the sound test to verify your theory and if one of those 4 speakers aren't working, Simply Contact HP for a repair/replacement service:

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@konnerdave

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand the audio is too low,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you reinstall the Audio drivers?

When was the last time it worked without this issue?

While you respond to that, I have a few steps you could perform to resolve the issue: 

Remove the audio drivers & Reinstall the original drivers 

Update the Audio drivers from the Official HP website for windows 10 (click on change on the top to switch between OS). 

Increase volume on playback device settings after setting your speaker as the default device. 

The best way to do that is using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

If the issue persists, please follow the below steps:

• Perform a hard reset 

• Reset BIOS to defaults 

• Run the Audio test from the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) 

• Update the BIOS 

• Reset your computer 

• Perform an HP System Recovery

Let me know if those steps worked for you,

If they did, that's awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
See I wanted to know the speaker placement of this device ?I have a feeling that only two speakers are working .
HP Recommended

Hi @konnerdave,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm the Jeet_Singh & I'm at your service. 

As I understand you are looking for the speaker placement on your device, I did check the Maintenance and Service guide and found that there 2 speakers on the Top and 2 on the bottom, for more assistance, please follow this link and scroll down to Buttons, speakers, and finJerprLnt reader section Chapter 2, page number 11 and Bottom section- Chapter 2 page number 14.

Please check for the sound from which speakers. If you are still having the issue with the audio,  I would suggest you to run a hardware test on the audio by following the below steps:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select Component tests.

List of the Component tests

• Select Audio test. 

Audio - The Audio Playback Test checks your system to make sure the audio device is functioning properly. During the test, a few music notes are played in sequence and then repeated. This test takes 1 minute to complete. Click Audio, then click Run once. Choose either the speakers or the headphones. When asked, enter the number of notes you heard.

Please let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I will try this and will let you know .
HP Recommended
4 Speakers including sub woofers or separate 4 ?
HP Recommended

Hi @konnerdave,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I did go through the Maintenance and service guide it only talks about speakers and there is no information about sub-woofer. There are 2 speakers on the top and 2 on the bottom. 

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Sir as I can see it's mentioned here on this link . Kindly have a look and please do tell me .
https://support.hp.com/si-en/product/hp-envy-15-ae100-notebook-pc/8499282/document/c04822516
HP Recommended

@konnerdave

It looks like you were interacting with @Jeet_singh, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

You are right, I did some research and the user guide doesn't specifically mention sub-woofer, however, in the product specifications page - "Bang & Olufsen with Quad speakers and 1 subwoofer" is showing up, that said, if you've already reinstalled the audio drivers, reinstalled windows and yet the issue persists, I recommend you run the sound test to verify your theory and if one of those 4 speakers aren't working, Simply Contact HP for a repair/replacement service:

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I don't have any option for Audio under tests.I have two or three basic options.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.