Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Audio Not Working, Sound Device is Being Used By Another Application

HP Recommended
Envy 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have uninstalled/re-installed the driver.  When I right-click Speakers/HP, and Test - the pop-up says Device in Use.  There are no legit applications using the device. but when I restart my laptop, the sound of the laptop reappears. this usually happens when the laptop is in the sleep position and I use it. sometimes not problematic, but sometimes this problem is annoying. 

Of course I found the answer I was looking for but in a different position as can be seen here : HP Fix audio not working 

and also I have run the original HP Support application to scan my laptop, and the results? Well there is no problem, it's like this software can't detect the problem. I am sure this is not a hardware problem but in software

Unfortunately that step does not work in Windows 10. I hope someone has a solution, I wait, thank you very much

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,564 7,566 317 482
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Yasa56 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the audio is not working.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Please let us know have you updated the BIOS.

If not, please update the BIOS.

Please update the windows update.

Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

If the issue still persists, please perform the system reset.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, thank you for helping to answer before, this problem I solved luckily, finally I updated my driver, bad I installed the driver wrong and turned into another problem, Intel SST yellow triangle, but the solution is that I update my BIOS because some forums recommend that, and I removed the Intel SST with the yellow triangle logo, and I installed a new driver from the official HP website and ended with success. And I was able to ask for driverpack assistance and it helped me in the beginning when my voice didn't appear

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,564 7,566 317 482
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Yasa56

Thank you for the update.

We are happy to hear that you have resolved the issue.

In the future, if you have any concerns. Please get back to us. we will assist you.

Have a nice day!!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation