Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I currently have an escalated case open with HP about this situation. The process is taking a long time but they are working on it. My last communication with them was a couple days ago. I will post a fix here if I get it 🙂

HP Recommended

Wow, Thanks for keeping on this one Bling26! Far more patient than I am/was with this. Looking forward to a resolution. 

HP Recommended

Yeah, it is my work laptop and I am on it 8-10 hours per day and it gets freaking old hearing the popping sound. Plus I am getting paid to troubleshoot it 🙂 

HP Recommended

Well it's been almost 6 months since I bought a new laptop. Everything that was broken initially still is. (clicking noise, XCOPY, HP Wolf restoring MS Edge,...) Next time I must return it as soon as I get it. I have a $2,000 machine that works worse than my 7 year old one ever did. It's sad and I'm the stupid one for trusting them.

They say it's a software issue and therefore they don't have to fix it...if your computer had no software it wouldn't do much...

Sorry to rant 😞

HP Recommended

I have received a reply back from HP and it is good news. It seems they are now able to reproduce the issue but they still need to find a fix. More to come:

"Hello Randy,

Hope you are doing great.

Please accept my apologies for not giving you an answer at this point and taking some time to reply back.

I am reaching out to inform to you that I have been able to reproduce the issue.

The issue was reproduced after reviewing the log and having the device with the same driver version and windows 10 version you have.

I took some time to test with the different Dock FW versions and I was able to reproduce the issue with all Dock FW versions available.

Originally, I was not able to reproduce the issue, however, the Windows version I had installed it was 2004.

I focus in to reproduce the issue with the same information you had, so I can confirm I see the issue.

Now I still need to perform some additional testing with other version of windows to look for root cause and possibly provide you with workarounds.

I will provide with you additional insights once available."

HP Recommended

@Bling26

It's frightening a bit that HP is still using Windows 2004 to do their troubleshooting, but it also speaks volumes 😄 

Thanks again for looking into this one, now that some eyes are on it hopefully they'll be able to track something down and provide a fix.

HP Recommended

Keep in mind that "2004" is the build version, not year. 2004 is the Windows 10 May 2020 update which is still in full support. I recently updated from that to 20H2 which is the October 2020 update. I was having this same problem no matter what build I had since 1903. Hopefully they will get this resolved now that they can reproduce the issue.

HP Recommended

Ah, of course. THAT makes more sense 😄 

HP Recommended

Still no real news however this is the last communication I received:

Hello Randy,

Hope you are doing great.

Please accept my apologies for not providing you with an update yet.

Upper Engineering is currently working on the issue, they have not confirmed they have been able to reproduce the issue, however, I have provided them with steps to reproduce it.

Once the issue is confirmed, then, the observation and potential fix could take some weeks to be released.

If there is any beta driver or workaround discover during the process I will let you know.

Questions or concerns, please let me know.

Keep you posted.

Regards,

Kevin Leal Alpizar
Advance Technical Support
Business Personal Systems
HP Customer Support
kevin.leal@hp.com
HP Inc.

HP Recommended

UPDATE:

HP was successfully able to reproduce the same issue at will. This is good news. They really think it is OS specific as they are not able to reproduce it using 1909. I guess I will continue to wait for the next update 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.