Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LAPTOP-K0CQG383
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

Yesterday my HP Support Assistant showed that there were some recommended updates as well as audio drivers updates. I updated them and restarted my laptop. Since then the audio has stopped working and that red X appeared on the audio icon.
I've tried manually installing several drivers, tried uninstalling the drivers that weren't working and also tried using the troubleshooter to fix the problem, but none of those seemed to fix the problem. I'm afraid I might have done a mistake by installing and uninstalling so many drivers but I don't know how to fix it. Also, in one my attempts to solve this problem I ended up uninstalling the audio driver that was located under the "Sound, video and game controllers" to see if the laptop would detect that there was no driver and would solve it but it didn't work.
Now, my laptop is still with no sound (the red X on the audio icon) and also the "Sound, video and game controllers" disappeared from the Device Manager.

I would love if someone helped me with this big problem.

Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

@LiamPark

Please mark my post Accept as Solution if it solved your problem.

REO

HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue and made the exact same attempts at fixing with no luck. However, my model is: HP Laptop 15-bs0xx / 1WP51UA#ABA

Thanks!

BT

HP Recommended

Link above worked great! Mine is fixed!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.