Level 1
7 2 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Audio cuts in and out with bluetooth dev ices

HP Recommended
EliteBook 8470p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all, so I've been having this issue for a while with my EliteBook 8470p. Whenever I connect a bluetooth audio device to it (i.e., earbuds or headphones) and play something, the audio cuts in and out. I've tried this with at least 3 different bluetooth devices - a pair of earbuds and two different sets of headphones. The devices work fine - I can connect them to my phone and there is no audio dropping. I've also made sure that nothing else is connected to the device at the time, like my phone, etc. I've tried playing various audio sources, from straight music to YouTube to Udemy videos, etc. I keep up to date with all Windows updates, so I know there aren't any hardware updates for the device. Any suggestions on what to do? Any ideas on perhaps Windows logs I could check out to see what might be happening? I know my laptop connects to the devices and audio comes out of it, but it's almost like the packets get dropped every so often. Thanks in advance!

PS. I wasn't sure if this question should fit in Audio, Wireless and Networking, or Hardware. If it's in the wrong board, could an admin please move it? Thank you.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation