Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-ac163nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever I pause a video (in any media player) after resuming playback, the audio is very distorted.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey Camper,

Good news:  This is not a mechanical issue.  The driver from Microsoft does resolve the problem for most of the models affected.  You can update the driver in device manager.

Bad news: If the updated driver doesn't resolve the issue, you will need to wait until the next driver is available from HP.  

Make sure the audio device is enabled and then update the audio driver using Device Manager as follows:
  1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
  2. Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.
  3. If a sound device is listed with a down arrow , the device is disabled. Right-click the sound device name and select Enable to re-enable the device.
    Figure : Enabling a disabled sound device
    Enabling a disabled sound device
  4. With the sound device enabled, right-click the sound device and select Update Driver Software.
    Figure : Update Driver Software selection in Device Manager
    Update Driver Software selection in Device Manager
  5. Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
    Figure : How do you want to search for driver software
    How do you want to search for driver software
  6. Windows checks for and installs any updated drivers found. The window displays whether the computer already has the latest available driver or if Windows was able to successfully update the audio driver.

-wes

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey Camper,

Good news:  This is not a mechanical issue.  The driver from Microsoft does resolve the problem for most of the models affected.  You can update the driver in device manager.

Bad news: If the updated driver doesn't resolve the issue, you will need to wait until the next driver is available from HP.  

Make sure the audio device is enabled and then update the audio driver using Device Manager as follows:
  1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
  2. Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.
  3. If a sound device is listed with a down arrow , the device is disabled. Right-click the sound device name and select Enable to re-enable the device.
    Figure : Enabling a disabled sound device
    Enabling a disabled sound device
  4. With the sound device enabled, right-click the sound device and select Update Driver Software.
    Figure : Update Driver Software selection in Device Manager
    Update Driver Software selection in Device Manager
  5. Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
    Figure : How do you want to search for driver software
    How do you want to search for driver software
  6. Windows checks for and installs any updated drivers found. The window displays whether the computer already has the latest available driver or if Windows was able to successfully update the audio driver.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

your laptop should have Realtek High Defination Audio not IDT audio

HP Recommended

Hello to Mr. wes_notebooks!!!

Hi, I'm Nick-011
With your colleagues I've not been able to find a solution for
My problem, it seems to me indifferent,
and that is not exactly the most professional,could you look my
post, and problem case, ant try to somehow solve this.

HP Recommended

I have same issue, no sounds after pausing playback for 2-3 seconds. Conexant audio with B&O Elitebook 850 G5

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.