09-21-2016 12:07 PM
Whenever I pause a video (in any media player) after resuming playback, the audio is very distorted.
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-21-2016 12:11 PM
Good news: This is not a mechanical issue. The driver from Microsoft does resolve the problem for most of the models affected. You can update the driver in device manager.
Bad news: If the updated driver doesn't resolve the issue, you will need to wait until the next driver is available from HP.
- In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
- Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.
- If a sound device is listed with a down arrow , the device is disabled. Right-click the sound device name and select Enable to re-enable the device.Figure : Enabling a disabled sound device
- With the sound device enabled, right-click the sound device and select Update Driver Software.Figure : Update Driver Software selection in Device Manager
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.Figure : How do you want to search for driver software
- Windows checks for and installs any updated drivers found. The window displays whether the computer already has the latest available driver or if Windows was able to successfully update the audio driver.
I am an HP employee.
01-20-2017 03:49 PM
Hello to Mr. wes_notebooks!!!
Hi, I'm Nick-011
With your colleagues I've not been able to find a solution for
My problem, it seems to me indifferent,
and that is not exactly the most professional,could you look my
post, and problem case, ant try to somehow solve this.
06-13-2019 09:22 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!