Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I already tried 10 audio drivers to install, but still I don't have any sound on my computer. Hope the combination of Windows 10 (64-bit) with the old Windows Office 2010 is not a problem ?

So, can somebody suggest me the best connecting driver for this problem.

Thanks.

Jürgen

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

HI.

The best audio driver package is offered by HP, if you do not have technical service, we can see if we find by the hardware identifier.

Login to, Control Panel, System, Device Manager, if it has a yellow symbol, right click on the device, properties, details ... copy and attach the hardware ID.

Regards.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.
HP Recommended

Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus

De installatie van stuurprogramma stwrt64.inf_amd64_86a3f3240d3f542a\stwrt64.inf voor apparaat-id HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E0&SUBSYS_103C1942&REV_1003\4&2C79BCD7&0&0001 is voltooid door Stuurprogrammabeheer met de volgende status: 0x1F.

HP Recommended

Your device may not be compatible with Windows 10.

You will have to manually run this .cab file and restart to see if it has audio.

Open the device manager (devmgmt.msc)

Expand screen adapters> Properties> Driver> Update driver> Search for driver software on the computer, and finally point to the path to the folder where the files were extracted so that the copy and installation starts.

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

20751018_c8caf9630e01b9b9b562e5b2500b29b2ae60238c.cab

Regards.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.
HP Recommended

No luck. It didn't work again. Probably I will have to look forward to a new device. Any suggestions for a fluently working device that is not so expensive ?

Jürgen

HP Recommended

I did that, and Windows didn't take it. I pointed the driver search at that bunch of files, and nothing happened. Also, I assume you meant something like IDT High Definition Codec, not Screen Adapter, because we're talking about auido here.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.

My update form windows 8 to 10 worked very well i had sound for a year. But i needed to reinstall windows and last night after the reinstall windows 10 cant find any audio drivers.

And on the HP page audio drivers for HP Probook 450 G1 don't exist any more.

It's a very rude thing to do. To have a product on sale and no sound available for it. This was the last time for me to trust HP with their products.

I have a laptop with no sound.

Captura.PNG

No sound driver.

HP Recommended

My audio is working with 64 bit Win10. I have blocked the Win updater (last update I think was 2017 december) so my drivers may not be latest, and I have always had sound. The mute button yellow light is not working however.

Driver as seen in device manager:

Microsoft

Microsoft Windoes

HP Recommended

My knowledge of these matters is limited. Can you please explain to me how I can block the Win updater.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I changed my operating system in the driver download section to WIndows 8 and used that driver and it worked.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.