Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Ency 15 x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I find it interesting that HP shut down the thread from before about this issue saying no one replied for awhile, when someone replied this morning.  The newest AMD drivers did not fix it.  My mic stopped in the middle of a class this morning.  I do think that this is an issue HP needs to figure.  As AMD said, they have generic drivers, but it is the manufacturer that is supposed to be writing the specific drivers for their configuration.  Windows update is just frustrating.  I'm beginning to think it is a hardware issue, where it fails after a certain amount of time.

79 REPLIES 79
HP Recommended

Yes, I've been having the exact same issue with my new laptop. I tried everything in the old thread and still had an issue with the buzzing speakers and system crash during a microsoft teams meeting this morning. Very unfortunate to see HP try to brush this serious issue under the rug. Luckily I still have 2 weeks to return my laptop, so if there isn't a proper fix by then I will be taking it back.

HP Recommended

I just tried insalling an older driver from HP. Will update...

HP Recommended

Previous post was deleted.  Don't let your two weeks run out.

HP Recommended

I have had several days of it finally working.  There seems to be a bug in some of the drivers.  You want to go to the HP Driver page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-15m-ee0000-x360-convertible-laptop-pc-serie... and download the June 24 version of the Graphics Driver.  I used the AMD driver cleanup utility to get rid of the newer drivers.  Since then, I have not had an issue.  I will try to find a way to let HP know, and I will email AMD.

HP Recommended

@Musicpos wrote:

I have had several days of it finally working.  There seems to be a bug in some of the drivers.  You want to go to the HP Driver page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-15m-ee0000-x360-convertible-laptop-pc-serie... and download the June 24 version of the Graphics Driver.  I used the AMD driver cleanup utility to get rid of the newer drivers.  Since then, I have not had an issue.  I will try to find a way to let HP know, and I will email AMD.

I've been using this method for a couple days now with no issues at all. The newer drivers are causing the problems, I'll let others know with the same problem to give this a try. Thanks

HP Recommended

I also tried the newest drivers from AMD but that didn't help. I'll try these older drivers and if that doesn't work Ill be returning the laptop next week. Thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

Hi! Where did you find the June 24 Graphics Driver? I only see the July 30? Thank You!!

HP Recommended

I found It!! Rock On... 

HP Recommended

@Musicpos wrote:

@Musicpos - Thanks for the fix, I have tried to install this today after repeatedly trying various options, did you have to disable windows updates and any other default updates to continue using the old drivers ?

Just for information I am on envyx360 AMD Ryzen 7 15 inches.

I have previously observed :

1. Randomly the buzzing sounds from speakers possibly due to crashing while NFS Most Wanted and on a few zoom meetings even though no one was on it.

2. The GPU temparature was around 50 - 60 degree Celcius ( which is normal).

3. The dedicated GPU memory once the speakers crash usually freezes (or may be the graphics stop giving any information back to the OS at this point).

4. To resolve it has always been a hard reboot.

To fix this I have tried the below which has not resolved my issues:

1. Disabling windows updates

2. Uninstalled the default HP / Windows drivers for Sound Devices

3. Used AMD cleanup utility and installed the AMD Radeon software drivers

As of 25-Sep-2020 I have installed the 24th June 2020 version of the graphics driver as per your suggestion post a clean up of the drivers, I will observed and report back on how this behaves.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.