Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I tried the same thing but it says it is not compatible with my OS.

HP Recommended

The Softpaq info says it works with Windows 10 1909 / 2004. Maybe you upgraded to 20H2?

TITLE: AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver

VERSION: 26.20.14052.0 REV: A PASS: 36
DESCRIPTION:
This package provides the AMD High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver and Catalyst
Control Center for supported computer models that are running a supported
operating system. For computers with switchable graphics modes, this package
includes drivers for both graphics processing units (GPUs). Switchable graphics
enable users to switch between a power-saving graphics mode (normally used under
battery power) and a high-performance graphics mode. If high-definition
multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also
installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

PURPOSE: Recommended
SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: sp110299.exe
SOFTPAQ MD5: 1081c6b5528c00266f4887e2b9e5c5ac
SUPERSEDES: SP110226
EFFECTIVE DATE: September 29, 2020
CATEGORY: Driver-Graphics
SSM SUPPORTED: Yes

PRODUCT TYPE(S):
Notebooks

HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
HP ENVY x360 13 Convertible PC
HP ENVY x360 15 Convertible PC

OPERATING SYSTEM(S):
Microsoft Windows 10 version 1909 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 10 version 2004 (64-bit)

LANGUAGE(S): Global

DEVICES SUPPORTED:
AMD Radeon Graphics

ENHANCEMENTS:
- Provides the updated driver.

PREREQUISITES:

HOW TO USE:
1. Download the file by clicking the Download or Obtain Software button and
saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where
the downloaded file is saved).

2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.

Copyright (c) 2020 HP Development Company, L.P.

HP Recommended

I have experienced the same issues here. My wife is just about to throw the PC by the window. And, wow, just received a terrible customer service from HP. The tech simply said: "Look man, it is impossible that the issue is hardware. Call Microsoft, there are the ones that will fix the issue". Wow, I have been an IT director for the last 10 years. I would have had a serious discussion if one of my employees would have answered that to a client or colleague.

That being said, I will try first the softpack released by HP as suggested in the last posts. If that doesn't work, will try the June 24 driver tweak suggested by others. Thanks to you all, so far, mush better answers and hope than anything I got from HP

David

HP Recommended

Indeed Softpack not supported with 20H2 OS version.

Ended up visiting HP drivers page and installed both the BIOS update driver and the AMD HD Graphic Driver dated Nov 5, 2020. I will run tests in the next few days.

AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver

27.20.11044.7 Rev.A 605.9 MB Nov 5, 2020

Type:

Driver-Graphics

Version:

27.20.11044.7 Rev.A

Operating systems:

Windows 10 (64-bit)

Release date:

Nov 5, 2020

File name:

sp110913.exe

(605.9 MB)

Description:

This package provides the AMD High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver and Catalyst Control Center for supported computer models that are running a supported operating system. For computers with switchable graphics modes, this package includes drivers for both graphics processing units (GPUs). Switchable graphics enable users to switch between a power-saving graphics mode (normally used under battery power) and a high-performance graphics mode. If high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

Fix and enhancements:

- Provides the updated driver.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem on a new HP Laptop.  The microphones, both internal and external, stop recording during a session and I can't seem to get in contact with anyone from HP to even talk about the problem.  All I get is this computer-generated 

Chat person that keeps running me through the same non-productive drills that I have already completed.  What did Einstein say? Something about insanity expecting different results when you keep running the same tests. That's kind of what the HP Chat person is doing.  I need some help, or I'm taking this thing back to the store where I got it.

HP Recommended

Little update here.

Since my last post, no more issue, at least on Zoom.

Still have not testesd fully with MS Teams (which was another problem), but so far so good.

David

HP Recommended

See the post from HP on this thread: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Re-HP-Envy-x360-Ryzen-5-15-Microphone-and-speakers-cras...

After installing this (nothing else, nothing disabled or uninstalled, etc) I have run several 3-4 hour steam voice chats since installing this and have not had a crash yet.  Before it would crash 2-3 times every time.  For me this has solved the issue.

HP Recommended

Has this softpaq worked on 20H2 builds? 

HP Recommended

what build of windows are you using 20H2? I seem to think that the softpaq sp110299.exe works for 1909 and 2004 only. 

HP Recommended

This I am not sure of, it's my dad's laptop, I can check next time I play with him and report back - I will get driver info too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.