Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY x360 Convertible 13-ay0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is about 5 months old, and in the last week I have been experiencing audio issues. There seems to be a problem with it crackling whether it is playing something or not, and it will randomly decide to become quieter and louder despite the volume being the same. 

I have tried uninstalling the Realtek audio driver, then restarting the computer. I've also tried installing the driver from here and also with no success. 

I've also run troubleshooting on here and on the HP programs installed on here. 

I would be grateful if anyone had some information that could point me in the right direction. Many thanks in advance. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

hi

" I've also tried installing the driver from here "

which driver in this case?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this is a recorded response (macro))
we need the exact model of your computer, and the product number
To find it follow this

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support
Give the full version of windows
for windows 10 type winver in the search box

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

As far as I can tell, it's the Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver Version 6.0.8963.1. (17 Dec 20) 

The only odd thing about this might be that when I let the HP page determine what model my laptop is, it tells me it's the 13-ay0504sa, which is different from what it tells me on "About this PC". 

Thank you for your swift reply.

HP Recommended

Well, not cool because from what you tell me you have the version which should correct some problem of this type
See link:

In this case I recommend that you contact HP directly, especially if you still have the warranty.

I don't really see the connection, but in case check this:

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Did you try to set 44100 frequency in sound settings ?

I have some cracking in TIDAL on exclusive mode on HP Envy 15-ed1250nd. But... I can not find 44100 in my settings... maybe you can try that...

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip. It turns out I only have a default setting which I can't change! 

HP Recommended

Hi
curious, it was a good idea to test ..
You looked at where exactly, all the hp computers or not that I had in hand had this possibility

Capture d’écran 2021-05-10 181617.png

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.