Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP spectre x360 convertible 13"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey guys,

So I have a brand new HP spectre x360 13" i7 convertible laptop, its done its own installations and updates so im not sure what its got however first time playing Spotify and Netflix I noticed there is a dip in sound every so often very often from every 10 seconds to minute. Inconsistently consistent. Sound will play at any volume then it will randomly dip in sound to nothing for a second then return to the same volume. 

Its not the internet and its not the Bluetooth devices as they work perfectly with my phone. The speakers are BOSE

It doesn't seem to happen when the sound plays directly from the laptop though. 

Ive installed a sound driver off this website with no improvement. (restarted my laptop)

Maybe a Bluetooth issue? Maybe a Bose issue?

Please and thankyou for any help

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Patiniotis Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing an issue with the audio.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Check those headphones with an alternate device such as a Smartphone, laptop, etc... 

If they work on the alternate device, check if the Headphones are enabled as a playback device. 

To do this, please see the steps below: 

• Click the Start Pearl and then type Sound in the Start Search Box. 

• Select Change Sound Card Settings in the Start Menu Options. 

• Next, under the Playback Tab, right click and select Show Hidden Devices and Show Disconnected    Devices if available. 

• Select Headphones and enable 

To Increase the volume on your headphone: 

Method 1 

• Right-click the volume icon in the notification area. 

• Click the Open Volume Mixer and increase the volume for Headphones. 

Method 2 

• Right-click the volume icon in the notification area. 

• Go to Playback devices and right-click Headphones under Playback. 

• Go to Properties and set the volume to the maximum under Levels tab. 

• Click Apply and OK. 

Please update the BIOS and check for the issue.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I tried these things yesterday that you mentioned and the problem still remains. 

Its something to do with the Bluetooth connectivity I think. I don't know how to better explain it to help you help me. Ive used 3 devices and every time it just drops out for 1 second every so often then continues playing. Almost like im getting a notification but im not. 

I did notice something while watching Netflix yesterday too though, the video playback kind of has a 1 second glitch every now n then too. Like you'll see the scene moving slowly and smoothly then it'll glitch for a split second. So maybe its something to do with media output?

Thanks so much for your help too

HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue. All my drivers, BIOS, etc. are up to date. I've experienced it with various online video players in Chrome (YouTube, Disney+, Netflix) as well as through the Netflix app and iTunes.

It's a bluetooth connectivity issue of some sort as it doesn't happen using the internal speakers or through wired headphones. 

I also know it's not a problem with my bluetooth headphones because I don't have the issue on any other devices.

Not a problem I expect to have with a $3000 laptop.

HP Recommended

@Patiniotis & @justin_nowland

In that case, I would suggest you perform the system reset

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Yeah, I even tried factory reset. It doesn't work. Although it sucks I am glad im not the only one. It just means its a collective problem that hopefully HP will try to resolve in an update or something. 

HP Recommended

@Patiniotis

I understand your concerns.

I would suggest you contact our phone support. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.