13 2 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Audio problems -No input or output device listed in windows 10 settings

HP Recommended
ProBook 450 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop's speakers and mic are not listed in Window's settings under sound - says "No input devices found" and "No output devices found".  When running Trouble shoots on this page the mic and speakers are not listed (just my Bluetooth headphones which continue to work OK)

Also when I right click the speaker symbol at bottom right of my screen, they are missing from the playback and record pages of "Sound".

Device manger says the Realtec driver is upto date - 28/7/2020

The UEFI diagonstics audio tests are passed OK

All help appreciated

1 REPLY 1
Teka
Author
Level 2
13 2 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Found the problem

Intel driver for sound listed in Device Manager under "System devices"  was faulty. Used HP Support Assisyant to update drives and this fixed it!

HP Support Assistant stated that drivers where already up to date but after clicking on the software and drivers link, the laptop was scanned again and 2 out of date drivers identified! - so don't trust the "up to date" messages!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation