Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ProBook 450 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop's speakers and mic are not listed in Window's settings under sound - says "No input devices found" and "No output devices found".  When running Trouble shoots on this page the mic and speakers are not listed (just my Bluetooth headphones which continue to work OK)

Also when I right click the speaker symbol at bottom right of my screen, they are missing from the playback and record pages of "Sound".

Device manger says the Realtec driver is upto date - 28/7/2020

The UEFI diagonstics audio tests are passed OK

All help appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Found the problem

Intel driver for sound listed in Device Manager under "System devices"  was faulty. Used HP Support Assisyant to update drives and this fixed it!

HP Support Assistant stated that drivers where already up to date but after clicking on the software and drivers link, the laptop was scanned again and 2 out of date drivers identified! - so don't trust the "up to date" messages!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Found the problem

Intel driver for sound listed in Device Manager under "System devices"  was faulty. Used HP Support Assisyant to update drives and this fixed it!

HP Support Assistant stated that drivers where already up to date but after clicking on the software and drivers link, the laptop was scanned again and 2 out of date drivers identified! - so don't trust the "up to date" messages!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.