Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Audio set to default audio will not play through Beats speakers on the top of the laptop

HP Recommended
HP ENVY TouchSmart m7-j078ca Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, I understand this is an older laptop but I had it given to me from a relative and the audio only plays through the bottom of the laptop very quietly, the top speakers are disabled or the driver has been removed some how, if anyone has a similar laptop and could suggest what to do or where to find the driver for the top speakers I would appreciate it has Beats speakers so that might have something to do with why they stopped working. Its a great laptop but I cant watch movies on it the audio is very quiet. 

What I have tried already: 

I researched whether it was the driver that was missing and tried to install a different audio driver to see if that might access the speakers. It didnt change anything. I believe at the time I did it I tried downloading a few different types of audio drivers. 

The silliest part is there is a likely chance they were switched off some how and I simple don't know how to switch them back on. I know its silly but hopefull some one else may know more about this. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

oh wait nvm i fixed it. 

This site needs to make the option to delete a post more clear otherwise Id delete this. 

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation