Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

That messing with the paging file is all temporary, especially after you restart.  I don't know where the other forum is where I got the answer, but simply update the Hdmi driver in Device Manager (which will result in two entries for the hdmi driver for some reason) and you'll be straight.  The Conexant driver disappeared.

HP Recommended
@lildip70 the ram limit in MSConfig is not the paging file, it is a low level soft limit on the amount of physically installed system ram the OS can use. The pagefile settings are unchanged with this fix and the fix will not undo itself after a restart. Also, the HDMI driver that you mention is not the correct driver for this audio device, even though it has partial functionality. When I used this driver, I had issues with volume balance, headphone detection, sound muddiness, and a more limited featureset than the audio chip is capable of. With the ram limit applied and Conexant drivers installed, I have none of these issues.
@count_zero_halt That sounds like a driver may be using some address space, or so most people would say. I suspect something else is going on when the "Y.YY GB installed, X.XX Usable" shows, but I'm sure there is a fix for it somewhere along the realm of the internet.
HP Recommended

edit soooooooorry

HP Recommended

@yackaro wrote:

So since 4096MB is exactly 4GB, what if I just subtracted one megabyte instead of one gigabyte?

So, with 4095MB as my ram limit in MSConfig, I restarted the computer... Voila! Audio and Ram!

I mean, who's going to miss 1MB?

^^^This is genius, I always was under the impression this had to be in increments of 1024! Thanks to you I have my sound back without sacrificing 25% of my RAM!!!

For others my setup: HP G60-553NR

HP Recommended

Your solution worked like a charm. After I rebooted the sound came back. How in the World did you figure this one out?  Thanks so much.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.