Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 17-cb0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm Incredibly MAD for a few days already, as i'm struggling with the audio problem mentioned in the title . Music, games, movies volume going down to almost inaudible . I've already read the other topics relating the issue. I tried unninstaling and re-installing the realtek drivers . The latest, some older ones sugested in other topic, all to no avail .  I also don't the enhacements tab in audio properties. One of the older drivers i tried to install made the tab appear, but there was no audio at all with it so it wasnt that helpfull . Also none of the drivers HP gives on their website at support page don't currently work ( unsupported OS version )Capture.PNG

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

@Kirov92

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've had it installed already , and all the drivers updated . Since then windows update, had given me a few updates related to Audio and sound card, but to no avail . The problem still persists to the point that it becomes almost inaudible even in a very quiet enviroment . Could'nt be more dissapointed with this issue . Other than that the Laptop behaves absolutely marvelous in whatever you might throw at it, but this single issue is aboslutely maddening .

PS : I've also updated the bios and the chipset to the latest version, but nothing changed .

HP Recommended

@Kirov92

What is the product number of your computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you run the audio troubleshooter and it will automatically find and fix the audio issues.

Here is how it is done.

- Launch Troubleshooting by typing and clicking “Troubleshooting” in Windows search.

- Click on "Playing Audio".

- Follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Product number is 7DT12EA .

Windows audio troubleshooter and hp support assistant doesnt find any audio issues . Also the drivers are up to date in the support assistant .

HP Recommended

@Kirov92

I recommend you download and install the audio driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp107001-107500/sp107247.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The driver is not suported in this OS version ( 10.0.19042 )

HP Recommended

I am in exactly the same position as you. Latest of everything is installed. The sound used to work great when I first got the laptop. This audio issue is making it unusable. I have to plug speakers into it to be able to hear people on zoom calls etc. It is an amazing laptop and this one issue makes me want to send it back for a refund and get something more reliable .

The standard support answers to install the hp driver doesn't work. Nor does any other fix. One thing that I found is that if you reduce the volume to about 26, the sound level is super low, wait a few seconds, then the sound level lumps up! 

HP Recommended

I have the same issue.

I'll have to send my unit (hp omen 17) back if there's no solution or ETA for a solution software-side in a week or so. Too bad, cause the laptop is great otherwise.

HP Recommended

This recommendation of updating the drivers that is being posted to everyone having this issue.  It does not work.  This is a widespread issue juding by the forums.  As the laptops did not start with the problem and developed after a while, it is either failure of hardware or a change in the software / drivers, and needs to be taken seriously.  If it is not dealt with very soon, HP is going to be receiving a lot of returned machines. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.