11-15-2019 03:48 PM - edited 11-15-2019 03:57 PM
After upgrading to Win 10 ver 1909, B&O Audio Control is not working (stuck). Audio is working on the laptop. Downloaded Audio Driver from HP Support site (Realtek 126.96.36.19903), and tried to reinstall it. Got the message "This driver version is not compatible with win.....".
Does anyone know if HP is going to provide an audio driver compatible with this win version? Any other solutions?
11-18-2019 12:39 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Please help us with the complete Laptop name with the model number. Meanwhile, let's try this:
- Go to Windows Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers section.
- In the list of audio device drivers, look for Realtek High Definition Audio or Conexant (depending on what driver you have).
- Right-click and select Disable. The downward arrow displays on this driver, indicating it is disabled. (NOTE: At this point, you won’t be able to play any music files.)
- Right-click and select Update Driver Software.
- Select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- You should see a window that says Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware. NOTE: If you see a window that says something like This is the best driver for this device, exit the window and repeat steps 4, 5, and 6.
- In the Model box, highlight High Definition Audio Device (this is the substitute audio device driver) and click Next.
- At the Update Driver Warning window, click Yes. You should see a confirmation window with High Definition Audio Device displayed. Click Close.
- In the list of audio device drivers in the Sound, video and game controllers section, you’ll notice that the High Definition Audio Device now displays instead of Realtek High Definition Audio.
- At the prompt to reboot, click Yes.
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee