Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the Windows 10 1709 Fall Creators update, (WIN10 home 64 bit)
the CONEXANT audio driver was updating through automatic HP SUPPORT ASSISTANT alert to: 9.0.134.1
This is the last version that is also THE ONLY ONE it is possible to get from the HP Support page!

Y3X25EA_ABZ is the Spectre Notebook and NO MORE B&O driver are avaiable.

No B&O page is avaiable, too.

So, what do you say? Is the B&O "technology" only a logo printed on my Laptop?
Please, try to solve and to answer with easy step by step guide.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Luca_a,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that after installing the latest Windows update the audio driver is missing.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you download and install the audio driver from the below link and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

Please let me know the product number and model of your computer and I will send the direct link to download the driver.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well, I hope you are not a robot messages answer machine because I wrote and I repeat that from the HP's link you add, there is ONLY ONE AUDIO DRIVER, the Conexant !!!
That one I have, a basic one and THE B&O audio driver with settings is missing!
Now I have the B&O logo only on the chassis!
Serial number is: CND63368MW
Produci numb: Y3X25EA#ABZ

HP Recommended

Hello @Luca_a

Im not sure If I can help, but I will offer this.

I have updated several HP laptops and B&O is still working just fine.

If you go to Start and scroll to B&O, is it still there as an option to choose?

Also, down in the tool tray on the bottom right, can you see the icon for the HP Audio Switch?

It will look like this...

hp audio switch.JPG

Click on it and it will bring up the Audio Switch option. B&O should be at the bottom of the box...

hp audio switch2.JPG

If this is not available, then HP may have to develope an update to fix the FCU issue. I would not know what else there is wrong.

HP Recommended

It's unbelivable!
It seems you don't read before to write!
Ok, I'm not an English mother language but.... I' wrore it two times! THE B&O AUDIO DRIVER is missing!!!!!!
No B&O audio driver anymore after the last update from HP assistant!!!!!!
So, how can be the B&O settings you show here be possible?
Of course there is no one B&O audio settings, of course there is no audio driver on HP support page unless the "Conexant".

Mt title of this topic is clear, don't? Why you a sk me the serial number and then the model of Laptop if you answer in this "stupid" mode?
C'mon... Shame on you.

(Nothing personal but... please READ; HP deleted the B&O driver audio and now we have the HP laptop with B&O logo on in like a "gadget".... Hp cannot solve? I will ask to... ?!?)

HP Recommended

Seems you dont read before you post either.

I asked a simple question becuase a lot of people are looking for a different icon in the task bar that what I posted.

Did you stop to think perhap therse a reason I was trying to clear that up before proceding?

You want free help, how about not being ignorant to those trying to help you. Im done.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.