cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vsevapopov2
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

B&O enhancements are enabled automatically each time I disable them.

HP Recommended
Pavilion Laptop PC 15-eg0000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone.

So, here is my case.

I am a blind user who relies on the sound 100% of my time working with pc's and tech.

And I have got a really strange issue.

I have a new hp pavilion 15-eg0000 laptop with windows10 (x64 bit) installed on it and the issue is that the equalizer that Bang and Olufson provides with this laptop is practically always enabled.

Because of that the sound of my speech synthesizer gets louder and quieter periodically when it presents output from a speaker, which makes it really hardly usable.

I found the salution to control the effects that are present by B&O but the issue is that after several minutes the equalizer returns back to enabled state and I have to disable settings again and again.

Here's what I have done:

1. Uninstalled the realtek-r audio driver that was shipped with windows.

2. Found and downloaded the driver from a hp website according to my laptop model.

3. Updated the driver using the device manager.

After that i am able to control soundeffects using Bang and Olufson app.

To disable the equalizer I launch the B&O audio control app, find the equalizer radiobutton and uncheck the checkbox that allows to disable the preset.

The sound changes. Yes, it isn't that deep as with equalizer, but I don't get that volume jumps I was getting before.

After several minutes of working I notice that everything goes back to the state when Equalizer was enabled and I have to go to the B&O app, check and uncheck the tickbox with the audio preset. Frequences start changing slowly but I can here it's happening. Also triggering the volume key helps disabling these soundeffects that are made by equalizer but then it returns back.

I cannot disable it so it was never triggered.

Is there a way how I can do that?

The sound in a pc is practically the only method how I can operate with the PC and it is important for me to here the clear output of the speech synthesizer without any soundeffects, loudness equalizers ETC.

I looked everywhere on the internet, but the methods with disabling B&O drivers in autoruns don't work for me because I cannot find any similar entries in this app that are stated on forums. Even now when I am typing the sound starts getting quieter and louder.

I will really appreciate your help and responces.

--

Best regards,

Vsevolod

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation