Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@Honpass

Thank you for the information. 🙂

You seem to have an HP ENVY Notebook - m7-n101dx. You may try to search in the recovery partition of the laptop and install the B&O application from there. The recovery partition will work only if it is still intact and not deleted while upgrading to Win10. 

• Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers

• If the recovery partition works and if the B&O application does not work after installation, then please refer to the steps from this link to make the program work in compatibility mode. Please note that this is a trial and error method and may or may not work. These steps mentioned are for Win8 and can be tried for Win10 also: http://hp.care/2i9l4kF.

Hope this helps. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.....

Unfortunately the recovery drive does not work again after the upgrade as well. When I right click on my computer and go to manage I can see the volume very active but I can't  find it elsewhere, the F11 not working again as well. This is very disappointing because I have had serious reasons to refresh my laptop but I couldn't do that.

I want to generally appeal to you to help solve this problem once and for all.

thank you.

HP Recommended

I have a Pavilion 550-079 that i purchased in October 2015.

I only noticed that B&O play disappeared today and have trawled through google and HP forums to see if there is a genuine fix.

I don't see any fix for this and I fear that most people that have posted on here will have products where warranty has expired (i bought extended vis PC World so i should be covered).

HP's website does not have the B&O play drivers to hand which i suspect most people would want better than instructions on how to use a restore manager (that probably doesn't work).

What would help us is if someone from HP can investigate, identify what particular update has caused B&O play to either be uninstalled or removed (or both) and let us know if an app/driver installation can fix it or if we need to contact Microsoft (and we all know how good their support is!)

If you (HP) cannot fix this, please just be honest and say you have no clue. Redirecting people that have little to no technical skills on how to change/install programs to restore items will simply make people just not bother, which would be a shame.

I'm not a technical expert but have done enough running around to know there are no drivers on HP for B&O play, nor any suggestions on how to get it reinstalled other than referring to a recovery manager program...that works on Windows 7!  Remembering most of us have done the upgrade to windows 10, how does this help us if these menu options aren't on windows 10?

Please be honest. Can we recover this app or not? Can HP supply a driver to reinstall B&O Play or not?

HP Recommended

you are true man i have also b & o play and upgrated to windows 10 and now b & o drivers are missing from my laptop. HP does not have any b & o drivers you are true man, if hp have please contact me hp

HP Recommended

My laptop is also giving problems in window 10.

HP Recommended

Hey there! @JariBecker, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand B&O audio manager is missing after windows 10 upgrade on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

Uninstall the audio drivers from device manager and install the drivers from recovery manager and check if it helps.

Go to windows desktop

Hold Windows key + Letter R key.

Run dialog box would open type devmgmt.msc

Device manager window will open.

Expand Sound or Audio.

Right click on the audio driver and click uninstall.

Restart your PC and install the audio driver from recovery manager.

Refer this article to know how to install drivers from recovery manager.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

"Here is a link to update the software from Bang & Olufsen." - the link doesn't work for me. i tried from different machines already from different countries. it would be great to have such files stored on HP servers as instead of relying on 3rd parties. it would be also great to add it to the download section for the product so that it will not be necessary to search forums for it.

**bleep**ty http://www.bang-olufsen.com/ gives error 500 today for me. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.