Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy- AE008TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Notebook has Front  speakers ( above the Keyboard) and two  small seperate speakers (under the Keyboard ). Front speakers are not working. Tried updating Bang & Olusen Interface but still not solved..  P_20170420_124324.jpgP_20170420_124251.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi! @VENKAT_RAAJ, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you are unable to get audio from the front speakers.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Have you tried checking with external headphones or speakers does the issue persists?

Please uninstall the audio drivers from device manager and install the latest audio drivers.

Go to windows desktop

Hold Windows key + Letter R key.

Run dialog box would open type devmgmt.msc

Device manager window will open.

Select audio and inputs.

Right click Realtek audio driver and click uninstall.

Restart your PC and install the latest audio drivers using this link.

Also, update BIOS on your PC using this link.

Let me know if this works!

Have a wonderful weekend ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

While updating BIOS, some sort of cracking glitch sound came from front speakers. But after BIOS & Driver update still 'No Sound" problem is there. 

HP Recommended

Hi @VENKAT_RAAJ,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand while updating bios you could hear a crackling sound, I would suggest you download and install the SoftPaq which should help to resolve this issue. -  Click here

If the issue persists, I would suggest you check with an external speaker or headphones.

For more details, please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP Notebook PCs - No Sound from Speakers (Windows 10)

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The given Softpaq link is not working

HP Recommended

Hi @VENKAT_RAAJ,

Thanks for the update,

I understand you have tried to download the SoftPaq, unfortunately, the link does not work, don't worry let's try these steps here:

Update the Bios and Chipset drivers and Audio drivers from our HP Support website.

HP recommends using HP Support Assistant on a regularly scheduled basis. Run HP Support Assistant to scan your computer and get the status of any available maintenance tasks and check for important HP driver updates. Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Cheers!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Still problem exist. While Charger being plugged & playing any audio producing cracking pop sound from front speakers. But when plugged out , the same not produced.  This case also happened to others too ( refered from post "Bang & Olufsen audio is not working, just the 2 default pc speakers dated  01-18-2016 ". 

HP Recommended

@VENKAT_RAAJ

It looks like you were interacting with @Jeet_singh, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I reviewed your post and it looks like this could be a faulty charger port causing the sound to appear when connected,

I recommend you Contact HP to set up a repair service as they would either repair or replace the defective parts (free of charge, if covered by HP Warranty).

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number to obtain a case along with the phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I bought the laptop for 97K only bcoz of Bang & Olusen system. Within 1.5 years the sound sytem  got malfuntioned. This case happened to other customers too even much earlier, which means its the failure of the HP & Bang & Olufsen.

HP Recommended

@VENKAT_RAAJ, It's great to hear from you again.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the issue persists after trying out the steps.

Please uninstall the audio driver from device manager and install the audio driver from recovery manager and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know more information about installing the driver from recovery manager.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps it is certainly a hardware issue, please contact HP Support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

I'll watch your reply!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.