Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cw1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have exactly the same problem as Esther 123  with my HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cw1xxx, the audio is flat and  there is no bass sound at all. The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Window does a very simple test about the audio, and the diagnostic says there is no problem, because the sound is heard after all, but the quality of sound is bad. Please understand, this is a problem of quality of sound, related to the lack of  frequency of the sound. There is no bass frequency, the bass is not heard at all. And it appears to be in mono sound also, because of the flatness.
I am a musician, and I have other 3 computers (1 desk pc and 2 laptops). I have been recording audio in my Pavilion desktop PC since 1998, and it still works perfectly and records the sound as I hear it from the midi keyboard. I can say the same about the other lap tops (one Pavilion and one Toshiba), but not about the HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cw1xxx.
When I use Protools to reproduce midi files with virtual sound instruments, I hear them with the frequencies as it should. But after I record the session, the sound file lacks of low frequencies at all. It does not matter which program I use to record or play, the result is always the same. When I record from an external midi keybord, it also loose the low frequencies. And all this happens even if I use the computer speakers, or the earphones, or external speakers (through an audio out). I did all the tests I could during a month, and I just conclude the sound card does not work propperly, or even the audio driver.
I bought  the laptop in Best Buy, in Mexico 6 months ago, and the publicity says it was made specially for media creators, with loud and clear audio by B&O. That was why I chose this computer, but now I am dissapointed.
You considere that the problem is solved with the troubleshooter, but it is not. And I can send audio files for you to compare.
As I see in the case of Esther, I am not the only one with this problem. I saw other musician on the internet  in the same circumstances. So, please make the test on a computer of the same model and compare it. You will notice that this is not a matter of the user or software.
Thanks for your attention.
Dante

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I have the same problem (on HP too) it would be very nice if it could get it fixed  quickly.

Dante, I would like to know if this problem happened after after installing the windows update ?

HP Recommended

No, Tioneb, I didn't make a Windows update, becuase I recently bought the computer with Windows 10 already loaded. So, it seems that is not the cause of the problem. I have been trying with audio configuration but nothing seem to change, the bad quality of audio persists. I still wonder if we need to install a special audio driver to fix the problem, so lets see if HP experts know how to solve it. If they dont, I will have to ask for warranty.

HP Recommended

Hola!!!
tuve el mismo problema con mi audio. A veces tenía, a veces no....a veces cuando iniciaba la pc el sonido estaba estable y a los pocos minutos disminuía...aunque lo tuviera al 100 parecia al 2. 
Usé el HP Support Assistant (algo que nunca había hecho) y al analizar mi pc me marcó varias actualizaciones. 

al terminar las actualizaciones el audio estaba mas estable, abrí la bandeja de mensajes en HP Support Assistant y me salió el mensaje del problema de audio.

Seleccionas y abre el Audio Check del asistente y ahí examina tu audio. 
Actualmente mi audio está muy bien y estable 

te dejo el link del asistente https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

espero te sirva 

HP Recommended

Hey @FerHernández  !

Hope your doing fine! ?

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Support Community Moderator
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.