Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy m7-u109dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I did a clean install of Windows 10 64 bit today which includes the Creator's Update. I downloaded and installed the Conexant audio drivers from the HP website (which include Band & Olufsen control panel).

Now, when I open the Bang & Olufsen control panel and choose "output", when I choose between Music, Movies, etc. the sliders underneath no longer move to their pre-designated setting.

I tried installing the sound driver again, rebooting, and still get the same thing.

Will HP be updating this driver soon so that it works with the Creator's Update of Windows 10?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @imaref,

Download the Realtek HD Audio installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78501-79000/sp78936.exe

When done, hold down the Windows key and press R

Into the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

In Device Manager, expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the Realtek device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall.

When complete, download and reinstall the Chipset driver on the following link.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76501-77000/sp76608.exe

When the Chipset reinstallation has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows has reloaded, open your Downloads folder, right click on the Realtek installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, restart the notebook again and let windows fully load for a few minutes before checking.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @imaref,

Download the Realtek HD Audio installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78501-79000/sp78936.exe

When done, hold down the Windows key and press R

Into the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

In Device Manager, expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the Realtek device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall.

When complete, download and reinstall the Chipset driver on the following link.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76501-77000/sp76608.exe

When the Chipset reinstallation has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows has reloaded, open your Downloads folder, right click on the Realtek installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, restart the notebook again and let windows fully load for a few minutes before checking.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

No dice. I don't have Realtek, I have Conexant but I followed the directions using the Conexant driver instead. The Bang & Olufsen control panel still not working correctly.

HP Recommended

Thanks, this worked for me (HP Spectre x360 late 2016)

HP Recommended

SUCCESS! I did the process you provided a second time (only with Conexant rather than Realtek), rebooted, and now the B&O presets are working as they should.

Thanks for your solution!

HP Recommended

You're very Welcome !!

All the Best !!!     Thanks for being a member !

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

HP Recommended

You're very Welcome !!

All the Best !!!     Thanks for being a member !

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

HP Recommended

When I updated to the Creators version, my B&O Conexant audio also broke and was stuck in one volume. I uninstalled the Conexant drivers, thinking they would reinstall after a reboot and they never did (I did not tick the delete drivers option ;)). Neither WIndows Update nor the HP Support software has reinstalled the Conexant drivers. Everything is working OK using the generic Realtek, but I still get that annoying Conexant device not found error everytime I reboot. Can I use the software listed on this thread with my x360? Or does someone have a link to the Conexant drivers for this model?

thanks!

HP Recommended

HI I have a HP Envy with sound problems (cutting in and out / fading in and out) and was trying to follow the instructions above.

When I go to follow the link for the chipset drivers - for sp76608.exe - the linkd oesn't seem to work and I get a 404 / site can't be reached error.

This means of course that I have now uninstalled the RealTek drivers, and can't do the next step!  

When I search for this driver, or try and use the HP website, I don't seem to be able to download it there either. 

HELP! Please!

Thanks!

HP Recommended

The link to the 2nd driver does not work! Has anyone come up with a fix?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.