Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Posts: 1 Registered: 07-21-2012 Message 117 of 120 (821 Views) Report Inappropriate Content Re: Beats Audio EQ Setting/ General Sound Advice Options 07-21-2012 01:31 PM Hi, I recently purchased a HP Pavilion dv6 laptop with Beats Audio built in. I searched online and everywhere, but i can't find the best suitable audio panel settings. Most of the dv6 audio panel tutorials online are old versions of the dv6 beats When I open my beats audio panel and go to listening experience, this is what I see: Music 3D content and Movie Bass Treble, Center and Space 65Hz 125Hz 250Hz 500Hz 1kHz 3kHz 6kHz 9kHz 12kHz Please help me with the best audio settings for both speaker and headphone sound Thanks,
HP Recommended
My only advice is to read through the forum and try different setting that others have posted concerning the dv6. I have a dv7 so I can't help you when it comes to setting your beats audio panel.
Don't ask for Kudos. If you deserve it, you will receive it.
HP Recommended

I've seen a few requests for settings for a newer model HP Envy.

I've got an HP Envy 3000 CTO, and based off of everything in this thread, and my own tweaking, I've found these settings to be very good:

65Hz   0

125Hz  +5

250Hz   +3

500Hz  -3

1Hz  -3

3Hz  +1

6Hz  +5

9Hz  -2

12Hz  -5

Music setting checked on 60, def on 45, center 50, space 60.

Try it and see what you think.

HP Recommended

thank you sir

HP Recommended

perfect for Beats Studio
Select Beats in Ear and Under Beats Audio Take these settings - 100 - 78 - 50 - 65 - 50

dv6 lap top

HP Recommended

Hello.. thanks a lot for the settings. My notebook speakers sound a little better now..

My only doubt is that i own an M6 1002tx. Its got beats audio too but the controll pannel is al little bit different. It has 65Hz,125Hz,250Hz,500Hz; 1KHz,3KHz,6KHz,9KHz,12KHz. .. a 9band EQ. and separate settings "bass","treble","center","space","focus".          

spent hours tweaking it but not satisfied..:smileysad: i mostly listen to metal. Plz help me. I might end up not liking this notebook anymore:smileyfrustrated:

Thanks a Lot

HP Recommended

So I own a HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC and I went to my Beats Audio Control Panel. In the earlier posts, you guys stated that dv7 notebooks have 10 equalizer settings and dv6 notebooks have only 9. When I checked my settings, I realized there was only 9 bars and the HZs were the same as those of a dv6. I'm just wondering what's up with that and should i listen to tips for dv6 laptops even though it says I'm using a dv7 laptop? If it helps, I'm also an amateur when working with sound settings.

HP Recommended

My only advice is to go though the other posts, there are a lot of pages and other people have posted their own recommended eq settings so go through a few

HP Recommended

Dv7's do have 10 eq settings although the last one (all the way to the right) is basically useless. The dv6 and 7 do require different settings because they use different Hz's but i would recommend using the dv6 settings found on this board. you are welcome to try the dv7 as well, but realize the dv7 does not come with a bass and treble adjustment while the dv6 does. 

if your laptop is new, HP may have changed the beats audio setting on the dv7 to match that on the dv6, which is why you have a 9 band and not a 10

HP Recommended

Hi Hakumei,

Can you tell us what type your dv7 notebook is?

Regards,

Mcts

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.