Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Your welcome. it was a good question that i had always asked my self, but never bothered to find the answer to, and now i know.

I commented on a post earlier (on page 2) that stated that i have a Pavilion Dv7 which uses a different Beats Audio software than that of a Dv6 and Envy. because of that reason, i cannot tell you what levels to set bass, def, center, space and focus on your Beats Audio software because i don't have it on mine (or know anyone who does). Maybe since i bought my laptop ( Sep 2010), HP has changed the software that comes with their newer laptops or it could just be that HP developed different softwares for different laptops. what ever the case may be, i cant  tell you what to put those levels on. i tune everything by ear and without listening to the changes that the levels make, i cant recommend a setting. my advice is to simply play with the different levels to find a spot that works. read message 19 of this post and/or read the last paragraph of post 1 to hear what to listen for and it may give you an idea where to tune those levels to.

also don't mess with the itunes eq. read the itunes paragraph on message 1 or the first half of message 9 to find out why

Don't ask for Kudos. If you deserve it, you will receive it.
HP Recommended

Thanks again for the help. I tuned it to what sounded best for me (I like a good bit of bass), and I came out with the levels of 50 for everything except def, which I set to 30. Hopefully that will help some people with that particular version of Beats Audio software, but that is just according to my taste obviously.

HP Recommended

ok i have a beats audio dv7 and when i first got it i would go on oovoo and video chat and everything was fine. now i go on oovoo or try to use my mic for other stuff and it DOES NOT WORK idk what to do and im freaking out about it ! is there a way to reset the whole audio settings or something without loosing any data? which mic setting best to use on the dv7 ? PLEASE HELP ME !  !  ! :Crying:

Spoiler

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, i cannot help you with regards to trouble shooting your software, i use the IDT internal mike and haven't messed with it in any way. my advice is to start your own post in HP sound/audio support form and ask for help there

HP Recommended

Your Eq Setting recommendation sounds amazing through my dv7 notebook speaks. I listen to a lot of dubstep and rock, and they both sound great. Also, I typically only use my notebook speakers. Thank you much for your post, was very helpful.

HP Recommended

I have the dv6t, and my question doesn't have so much to do with the Beats EQ settings, but more with the tone contorl. I have the Beats enabled and I want my windows tone control settings set at bass +3 and treble +2 (to my ears with the Beats enabled and set how I have it, this sounds the best) Now here in lies the problem. On restarting my laptop Beats "takes over" or turns back on and resets my windows tone control bass and treble to both +4. This is very irrriating as I have to go in and change it back to the levels I desire. 

I liken this to having a tv that you set the color scheme how you like it, but as when you turn it off and turn it on you have to go back in and edit your settings all over again. It just doesn't make sense. Any help with this besides deleting the beats software (because I know that works, but like I said the Beats EQ does make a difference) 

HP Recommended

Hi,

This equalisation doesn't quite work with HP Pavilion DV6 Beats Audio, it sounds really tinny and radio like, I'm sure it works amazing for DV7 so I feel obliged to give my personal preference on how I found the perfect sound if you like R&B, Hip Hop or Pop (songs that contain bass and harmonies).

I used Nicki Minaj's 'Super Bass' (320kbps MP3)(High Quality) and Beyonce's 'Party' (320Kbps MP3) whilst using iTunes.

Here's my result. 

So the left of the equaliser where the buttons are white:

Bass: 45

Def: 0

Center: 51

Space: 46

Focus: 45

The right of the equaliser where the buttons are red:

31HZ: 0

62Hz: -2

125Hz: -3

250HZ: -1

500Hz: 1

1KHz: 2

2kHz: 0

4kHz: -1

8KHz: 2

So that's my opinion, hope you agree!

(I wish the eternirayne could check it out so that I'd know if we were on the same page but ah well)

HP Recommended

I appreciate you posting your own eq settings for those with DV6's, i hope it helps those who have Dv6's and gives a second opinion on it.

HP Recommended

I have a question. I use my Beats headphones together with my hp with beats audio and the music is awesome but it automatically becomes louder and softer during the same song. It becomes very annoying because the volume keeps adjusting by itself. How do I turn this off and why is this happening! 

HP Recommended

The same happened to mine. I don't know what Laptop you have but I found altering the EQ settings helped me a great deal, it still does it, but not to the huge extent that it did

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.