Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15 J2C37PA#ABG
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey guys

I'm having this audio issue with my computer. The BeatsAudio driver installed onto this computer is constantly changing volume and EQ as i listen to music, making the whole thing unbearable.

Is there a way to disable volume swings without making the speakers sound really bad? I want the speakers to sound good but without the volume swings

I also do not want to install the "High Definition Audio Device". That makes the speakers sound REALLY bad

The other thing is my PC does not use the IDT Driver. It uses Realtek HD Audio as it's audio driver

Can someone please provide me with a solution, i've had this issue since day one of purchasing this laptop which was in november 2014

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found a fix for the Realtek users

Go to this link http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTyp... Definition Audio Codecs and download the 64 Bit High Definition Audio Codec at the top.

Install that and reboot your computer, Once done look for the Realtek HD Audio Manager (Which is the BeatsAudio control panel in disguise) which should be in C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA. Then launch the application 'RtkNGUI64.exe'. Once that opens your speaker will be sounding good without any volume swings. You'll be able to use BeatsAudio EQ settings just like normal

This worked for me. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @GTGamer5,

Thanks taking an interest in the HP forums.  A very good day to you. 🙂 I understand that you require assistance regarding audio issues where the audio swings randomly(doesn’t remain constant). It will be a genuine pleasure to assist you.

Stupendous description, fabulous troubleshooting and spectacular analysis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂  .  You are a valued HP customer and it is a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• Did you try to update the bios and audio drivers?
  • Have you checked with headsets if the issue is the same on headsets?

For a start, please try a headset on the audio port and check again. If the issue does not occur on the headset, then the issue could be with the speakers that need to be replaced.

If persists with the headset, then please perform these steps:

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

T

o simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

All the BIOS and Audios driver is up to date, and the same issue happens when a device is plugged into the audio jack. I have re-installed the driver many times but there has been no difference whatsoever

HP Recommended

Hi @GTGamer5,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. superb troubleshooting. Hats off to you on that score. At this point in time, Beats audio is the culprit here. The drivers are up to date. bios is also up tod ate. So the only other option would be to is to run a recovery to factory settings after backing up all your files from the original recovery media.

This may still not fix the issue if the Realtek beats audio driver has a limitation.But you could give it a shot with no guaranteed results. The other workaround would be to install the original audio driver that came with the computer when you first got it from the recovery environment.this link http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04762483 will show you how.

You could try these steps also.

Solution 1:

• Right-click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback Devices'.
  • Left click the default device once to highlight it ( it's usually 'speakers & headphones' ) then click the Properties button.
  • Click the Enhancements tab and put a tick in the box next to 'Loudness Equalization'.
  • Click Apply to save the change and then click OK in all remaining windows and see if this has helped at all.

Solution 2:

• Right-click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback Devices'.
  • Select the Communications tab up the top.
  • By default ‘when windows detects communications activity’ is set to ‘Reduce the volume of other sounds by 80%’.
  • Change this to ‘Do nothing’.
  • Press OK.

Also, try these steps: 

Right click on the “Volume icon” on the bottom right corner.

b) Select “Recording devices”.

c) Under the “Recording” tab right click on the white empty space and check the box that says, “Show disabled devices” and “Show disconnected devices”.

d) Right click on “Stereo Mix” and “Enable” this device.

e) Highlight “Stereo Mix”, click on “Properties” and go to the “Listen” tab.

f) Check the box "Listen to this device", also change the drop-down box below "Playback through this device" to be your second audio device.

g) To verify that you've done this correctly, go back to the sound dialog tab “Playback”, you should now see both of your audio devices showing the little green graphs moving.

If this does not do the trick, please contact HP phone support for further assistance:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

None of theses fixed my issue. There was no enhancements tab in the settings, my commumications is already set to 'Do Notning' and enabling the Stereo Mix jack causes my sound to go all screwed up.

Maybe its just something with BeatsAudio you guys need to work on. The last update for the driver was back in 2015

HP Recommended

Hi @GTGamer5,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. Thanks for the quick response. I have tried all the possible fixes here. You've hit the nail right on its head. It is a limitation of the beats audio driver. We have worked as a team to figure that out. Unless a newer version is released with bug fixes by them it possibly works only like this. You've been amazing to work with. I thank you a great deal for your persistence, patience and time. hats off to you for that. 🙂

This link could help if you decide to change the driver:https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Beats-Audio-compression-and-volume-fluctuation-HP-ENVY-...

Trust me I've done everything here to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind. 🙂 You've  been absolutely superb to work with, by displaying great technical skills. 🙂 I thank you again for your time. It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 

You take care now, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I found a fix for the Realtek users

Go to this link http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTyp... Definition Audio Codecs and download the 64 Bit High Definition Audio Codec at the top.

Install that and reboot your computer, Once done look for the Realtek HD Audio Manager (Which is the BeatsAudio control panel in disguise) which should be in C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA. Then launch the application 'RtkNGUI64.exe'. Once that opens your speaker will be sounding good without any volume swings. You'll be able to use BeatsAudio EQ settings just like normal

This worked for me. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.