Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a pair of Sony SRS-X11 portal speakers that i got at Xmas.  I have them at work on a HP Envy x360 laptop running Windows 10 64bit OS.  I found out that you pair the speakers together first by pressing/holding ADD and then pair the speakers to the laptop by pressing/holding POWER button to conncect them via Bluetooth.  If you pair the speakers to the laptop first then you have to enable the speakers every morning in Windows 10.  Anyway, if I have one speaker playing, it plays fine all day long.  When I have the second speaker (both speakers going at once) then I get multipule pauses/breaks/drop-outs through out the day.  I opened a trouble ticket with Sony (E65176560).  My case was sent to an engineering person.  He advised me to try running the speakers off my cell phone.

Background:  First, let me tell you that I have spotify running on my laptop and listen to the radio all day long.  Second, my laptop is running on the company wifi network.

When I run spotify on my cell phone (one the company wifi) it works perfect with both speakers playing. SO, I found out that it has to do with my laptop.  (I also have a second issue with my HP laptop - I have a 10 port USB hub that I use to connect up two printers, hand held scanner and then have a single USB cable going from the 10 port hub into another 4 port hub.  Everything works except the 4 port hub.  Only one port works on it, although all 4 ports show up in the Comm list.  SO, I decided to reload my laptop.  AMAZING - the day I did this, all USB ports work and the bluetooth speakers work fine all day.  I come in the next day and the bluetooth speakers worked for the first half of the day and then I started to notice the drop outs again.  Also, the USB ports quite working, down to one port again.  Windows and HP performed updates that morning when I came in.

SO, All my problems are caused by Windows updates and HP updates.  Can anyone tell me how to figure out how to fix this or where to start troubleshooting this?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Lan_Bug

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Envy x360 notebook. I understand that Bluetooth connection drops and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

Update the bios on the notebook.

Click here to update the bios.

Perform a system restore.

Click here to perform a system restore.

If the issue persists follow the below steps to fix the issue.

• Shut down the computer 

• Disconnect all external devices - everything. 

• Remove AC power and the battery 

• Press and hold power button for at least 30 seconds 

• Reconnect the AC power (only), 

• Power on > Login 

• Next time you shut down the system, reinstall battery and follow the below steps. 

For more steps: Click here 

To help you in Understanding and troubleshooting Bluetooth wireless technology: Click here 

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Checked the bios, F.23 is currently up to date.  So, nothing there.  I can't do a restore at this time.  I had Windows 10 Pro on this laptop when I bought it a year ago.  When I had Windows do a self restore to factory settings, it reloaded it with Windows 10 Home edition.  And it did not enable the restore feature; hence why I can't restore it.  Another note is the battery is non servic.eable (no battery door or battery that I can take out without tearing the laptop apart).  So no resolution yet.  How do I put Winodws 10 Pro back on this laptop?  Why don't manufactures give users actual Windows Media?  Windows is so annoying.  I use Linux at home.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.