Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-ay168sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bug Report:-
Audio driver update sp104075.exe (93.3 MB) fails to install, wrongly reporting "incompatible O/S". However, manual install via Device Manager works.

Please advise where best to submit this 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply suggesting that I should contact HP phone support. I actually have no "concerns" so will decline to avoid wasting HP's time.

May I suggest that HP set up a "bug reporting" process or site where posts like mine can be appropriately investigated . Microsoft have a "Feedback Hub" for instance . So the appropriate action would have been to check out the published sp104075.exe on the HP website to see if it needs updating and feedback the outcome.

Regards from Mike.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@MSUN12000 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to install the driver.

Please let us know what error you are getting while installing the driver.

Please provide the screenshot of the error.

Please try to update the windows update and then try to update the drivers.

Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply but please read again my original posting. I had no trouble installing the driver manually via device manager and I have no trouble with Windows update. I am only reporting the bug in the package  sp104075.exe (93.3 MB) which incorrectly reports "incompatible O/S" when executed.

Here is the screenshot of the error you requested:-

Annotation 2020-06-30 215027.jpg

HP Recommended

@MSUN12000 

We don't have that driver on the HP website, reinstall the driver and restart the device for generic drivers.

However, we will take the feedback and update it to the concerned team.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Erm - you do have the driver on HP website; that is what I am bug reporting. It installed it fine but only  manually via "Device Manager" pointing it to the c:\swsetup (standard location of HP downloaded drivers) folder:-

Here is the link to the download page for this audio driver update 

Annotation 2020-07-01 171012.jpg

Annotation 2020-07-01 200219.jpg

Regards from Mike

HP Recommended

@MSUN12000

Thank you for posting back, 

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Despite repeated explanations that I have no issues and am trying to report a bug out of courtesy, I keep getting troubleshooting tips for a problem that I do not have at all. 🙄  😓

HP Recommended

@MSUN12000

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you contact our phone support. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply suggesting that I should contact HP phone support. I actually have no "concerns" so will decline to avoid wasting HP's time.

May I suggest that HP set up a "bug reporting" process or site where posts like mine can be appropriately investigated . Microsoft have a "Feedback Hub" for instance . So the appropriate action would have been to check out the published sp104075.exe on the HP website to see if it needs updating and feedback the outcome.

Regards from Mike.

HP Recommended

@MSUN12000 

Please click the below link to HP Website feedback

https://ssl.www8.hp.com/h41268/live/index.aspx?qid=3862

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.