Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion g15-cx0500nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a (pretty recently bought) hp pavilion g15-cx0500nd, and whenever I plug in headphones, I randomly hear buzzing noises. It's not a constant buzzing, sometimes it stops and comes back. I think it happens mostly while I watch videos and after I pause them (you can't really hear the buzzing very well during the videos but I'm pretty sure it's there). It also occasionally makes some sort of cracking (?) noises. The laptop is the problem because the same thing happens with different headphones, and none of the headphones have these issues on other devices. I am not very experienced with computers and fixing these sorts of issues, so I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@xKimE,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

• How does it sound from the internal speakers?
  • Have you tried to check with an external speakers if possible to isolate the issue further.

Since it's same with different headsets and if it works correctly from the internal speakers then it's an issue with the audio port on the notebook.

If the speakers also have the same buzzing noise, then it could be an issue with the audio drivers.

For this issue perform these steps:

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand sound video and game controllers>then select the sound drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the audio drivers. Then check the box delete the software for this device.
  • Then restart the computer and update the bios, chipset and audio drivers from this link and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Then check if the situation has been corrected.

This should fix the issue. If the audio from the speakers is clear, then the issue is with the audio port of the computer.

Let me know how it goes for further assistance. 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.