Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-dw0088ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new HP laptop (model: 15-dw0088ca). Can I use the adaptor below with its USB-C head plugged into the USB-C port of the computer and my headphones or loudspeakers plugged into the other end (the 3.5 mm one) of the cable?

Do I need special drivers?

"The USB-C to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter lets you connect devices that use a standard 3.5 mm audio plug — like headphones or speakers — to your USB-C devices.

simplex1_0-1633792108619.png"

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@simplex1 

In theory this should work but why you have to use USB-C port when it has 1 prise combinée casque/microphone port. Its specs

https://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c07720803

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Banhien, 

You say that "in theory this should work but why you have to use USB-C port when it has 1 prise combinée casque/microphone port. Its specs"

1) From you answer I understand that the USB-C audio and the "1 prise combinée casque/microphone" of the HP laptop can not work in parallel. I have to somehow select one of them? How can I do it? I guess there should be some settings in "Sounds" that have to be made.

2) It would be helpful to have two audio ports because I can plug the loudspeakers in one and the headphones in the other and then, if this is possible, just select one of the two devices (headphones or external speakers) without plugging and unplugging them all the time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.