Did you mean: 
Cicben
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Can’t hear any sound from my computer

HP Recommended
Unknown

I have absolutely no sound. I've uploaded new audio devices several times. I've gone through the HP troubleshooting, updated the BIOS. Ran all the tests. Still nothing. I've watched all the videos on problem solving, read the websites ... still nothing. I've spent days trying to get the sound back as I am taking online classes that require sound. I'm getting really frustrated. This all happened after the Windows update and nothing that has been suggested is working. I have an HP Spectre x360, with the Bang & Olufsen sound. (Yes, I've tried with the Equalizer and still nothing.) I just downloaded the driver from the HP site that was for my notebook and still nothing. 

Failure ID: GGAPHF-8LV(MK-MFPVQJ-21CB03 

Product ID: X5P15AV

1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 30,826 2,619 4,015
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cicben The test results you've mentioned are inaccurate as a character is missing, I suggest you rerun the test and get back to us with the results,
meanwhile, please try the below steps to resolve the issue:

Did you check with alternate headphones or external speakers? if not, please do!

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

Audio devices might need to be disconnected from the computer during the troubleshooting process.

CAUTION:

Always follow manufacturer instructions for disconnecting USB devices from the computer. Some USB devices must be turned off and/or ejected before they are disconnected from the computer. Some other USB devices support the Windows Safely Remove Hardware feature.

Make sure Windows can produce sound from the speakers before using this article. If the computer cannot play sound from the speakers, choose one of the HP support documents below to resolve that issue:

The best way to do that is by using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation