Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ProBook 450 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have attempted to update the Conexant HD Audio Driver on my ProBook 450 G3 (Win7 Pro 64-bit) every time HP Support Assistant proposes the update. The latest update proposed was SP74946 (10.0.877.61 Q5). The update appears to be successful and I am prompted to reboot. After the restart the old version of the driver (8.65.133.0) is still installed and HP Support Assistant continues to propose the update. My system is current with all other HP and Windows Update installed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome :generic:

Looking at this a bit further I think I can see what the problem is ( I don't work for HP, so you may want to check this with them ).

Anyway, looking at the cva for this update on the link below ( under the sub-heading [General] ) the driver Version is listed by Conexant as 10.0.877.61, however this is assigned the Vendor Version 8.65.133.0_9.0.69.53-2.109.0.0 which is what you already have installed.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74946.cva

So what I think is happening is that HPSA is seeing the 10.0.877.61 as a later version, but installs it with the Vendor ( HP ) Version driver number 8.65.133.0 - and so the cycle continues.

Additionally, if you unpack the installer SP74946, the Ver text documnt lists the driver version as 8.65.133.0_9.0.69.53-2.109.0.0

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

It may be worth trying to install this update directly, rather than through HPSA - download the installation package on the following link and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74946.exe

When done, open your Downloads folder, right click the installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation - when this has completed, restart the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thanks David, but I also tried that with the same results.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Looking at this a bit further I think I can see what the problem is ( I don't work for HP, so you may want to check this with them ).

Anyway, looking at the cva for this update on the link below ( under the sub-heading [General] ) the driver Version is listed by Conexant as 10.0.877.61, however this is assigned the Vendor Version 8.65.133.0_9.0.69.53-2.109.0.0 which is what you already have installed.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74946.cva

So what I think is happening is that HPSA is seeing the 10.0.877.61 as a later version, but installs it with the Vendor ( HP ) Version driver number 8.65.133.0 - and so the cycle continues.

Additionally, if you unpack the installer SP74946, the Ver text documnt lists the driver version as 8.65.133.0_9.0.69.53-2.109.0.0

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
Thanks David, I believe you are correct.
HP Recommended

Hi,

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.