Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Chromebook -14-ca061dx
Chrome OS

Microphone settings appear to be correct but all attempts result in a short buzz with no voice/sound recorded

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@tvc2020,

I reviewed your post and I understand that the microphone is not working correctly.

It's possible that it was blocked by Chrome and the reason it's not working. To find the settings navigate to Settings > Advanced Settings > Content Settings and check the permissions. Make sure your Bluetooth setting isn't on. Just turned it off and check.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried all of the suggestions without resolution. It is my understanding per another post in the Chromebook Help Community that there is a BUG open for this. Orig post-microphone doesn’t work 4/13/19. Jim Danton recently provided link to bug report 1062884 in that post.

HP Recommended

@tvc2020,

Yes, I did go through that. However, I recommend you perform a reset on the computer and check if it helps.

https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/183084?hl=en

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others and please give the same public post a Kudos for my efforts to help.
Take care and have a blessed week ahead.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had the exact same issue, and I finally found a fix! Since it’s a bug issue I switched the operating channel, and the microphone works perfectly fine now. 

Open Settings

Select “About Chrome OS” from left column

Select “Additional Details”

Select “Change Channel”

Change from “Stable” to “Beta”

After system updates and restarts the microphone should work perfectly fine!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.