Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Compaq CQ60-615DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently I installed new memory, a SSD, and Windows 10, and I tried to use it today and.....

No audio.

I have checked for drivers (there are none available), tried headphones, (didnt work), and checked to make sure the volume is up, it leads me to believe that either A: Drivers are nonexistent, or B: The speakers are shot

If it's possible to get this fixed, I will be very happy.

Also, a few other questions,  What other CPUs are compatible with the motherboard of this laptop (i have the Celeron 900)
Can I upgrade to 5GHz wifi? (2.4ghz is infinitley slow)

How would I access the cooling fan?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this works...

A problem with the Conexant audio means that you may hear no sound in Windows 10 even though everything appears to be working correctly.

Microsoft suggests running msconfig.exe and click on the Boot tab.

Click the Advanced options button, check the Maximum memory box, and set the value to 3072.

Then restart the PC.

Upgrading the wifi card...unfortunately that is not possible on your model since it has a BIOS whitelist which prevents the installation of any internal wifi adapter other than the model that originally came with your notebook.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.