Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ZBOOK Studio x360
Other

Hello,

I just installed Windows 11 on my ZBOOK Studio x360, and so far the experience has been almost flawless.

The one flaw being, a rather annoying one that is, my speaker audio is now messed up. My laptop has B&O-Tuned speakers which sounded amazing in Windows 10. After switching to Windows 11, all the audio played through the speakers sounds terrible, as if the speakers had blown. This happens at any volume.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Conexant HD Audio driver several times, but the issue still persists. Currently I am running driver version 9.0.278.130, downloaded from the HP website.

Any idea when a possible fix for this (alleged) driver issue will come out? Or any idea what should I do to fix it as soon as possible?

Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

UPDATE:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The issue seems to have resolved itself out of the blue, perhaps through Windows Update.

Currently running Conexant HD Audio driver 9.0.278.130 dated 6/29/2021, on Windows 11 Pro 21H2 Build 22000.282.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

UPDATE:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The issue seems to have resolved itself out of the blue, perhaps through Windows Update.

Currently running Conexant HD Audio driver 9.0.278.130 dated 6/29/2021, on Windows 11 Pro 21H2 Build 22000.282.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.