Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

While playing certain games (Elite: Dangerous) or using Xbox One Streaming using the Xbox app on Windows 10 the audio stops working after about 5 to 10 minutes. Restarting the game or restarting the Xbox streaming will restore audio.

The driver crashes with to following error:

Faulting application name: AUDIODG.EXE, version: 10.0.10586.71, time stamp: 0x5699d655
Faulting module name: CX64APO.dll, version: 1.46.0.0, time stamp: 0x565283bf
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000015e2d4
Faulting process id: 0x1138
Faulting application start time: 0x01d15b78e3ed1660
Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\AUDIODG.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\CX64APO.dll
Report Id: d621bfe7-eba9-4225-96f0-f67530fbeb41
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Any one alse seeing this issue?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hey @ROLANDUS,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! This is a great place to find solutions and help from our community!

I understand you're having some issues with the audio crashing while using Xbox streaming. I'd be happy to help you with that.

You may want to try reinstalling the audio drivers which you can find here: HP Software and Drivers

Should that not work, you will most likely need to contact Microsoft as the Xbox streaming app is their application.

Please keep me posted. 

You can always say thanks by hitting the Thumbs Up button below!

Cheers.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and I have tried your resolve, but unfortunatly this has not solved the issue. I will also report this to Microsoft using the feedback app.

Please note that this also happend while playing Elite: Dangerous so it seems not be only an Xbox App issue, but mabye that these applications triger some behaviour that crashes the driver.

Thanks!

Rolandus.

HP Recommended

Hey @ROLANDUS,

I would run the HP Support Assistant.

The following are some helpful links for troubleshooting the HP Support Assistant or downloading the latest version:

HP Support Assistant

HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)
Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 7, Windows Vista)
HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 😎
HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 7)

I also strongly recommend running the Windows Update Tool as it may find, and update any old or missing drivers that you need.

Please keep me posted. 

You can always say thanks by hitting the Thumbs Up button below!

Cheers.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Found the issue after testing a few ideas.

I was using a Sennheiser headphone with microphone (don't know the exact model number) using 4 conductors in the 3,5 mm jack and it was crashing the audio driver as described in the problem description. 

When testing using a Sennheiser headphone (unknown model) with 3 conductors the issue did not occur.

It seems the drives has difficulties handling the 4 conductor 3,5 mm jack configurations propperly under specific situations. It would work fine most of the time, but when playen certain  games and using Xbox One Streaming it would crash the audio driver on the laptop.

Don't know if this can be passed to the driver developers?

I have a workable workaround for this issue now.

HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-to-check-your-messages/t...

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hello, I seem to be having exactily the same symptoms described in this thread. I was wondering if HP has found a fix?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.