Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I just started experiencing this problem as well. I have followed instructions, updated drivers, BIOS, etc...all from HP site and not others and the Conexant ISST device just vanishes. 

Some interesting points that I noticed:

1. When I perform a reboot, it is back and works for a while

2. After being up for about 30-60 minutes, I will have the volume muted, I will hear a slight click from teh speaker as if sound was trying to come on, but doesn't.

3. It is not too long after that, I will then see the speaker with a little x on it and the device is no longer there.

I reboot, and this sequence starts all over again. 

Just like the user above, I have no other options for drivers. I only see one and it states: Audio Endppoint?

HP Recommended

Welcome to the club! So far only one user has had success getting the problem resolved. The rest of us are just stuck without an actual solution from HP. At least I can get my sound back by closing and re-opening my screen. The frequency of the lost audio driver is entirely random--it might happen next hour or it might take several days. 

HP Recommended

Well, I was hoping to find a sollution in this Discussion Board, since we (several pople on the german discussion board) do have the same issues with the Conexant ISST audio driver and get no help from HP. One user send his Notebook for repair to HP, but has no new informations about this issue at the moment.

Here the posts are manly from new generation ProBooks G4.

https://h30492.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Betriebssysteme-und-Software/Conexant-ISST-audio-Probleme/td-...

Hope somebody will finaly fix the audio driver or I need to give back my ProBook....

HP Recommended

Also this is not a solution , but rathan than rebooting everytime, you can also do disabling and reenabling the Connexant Driver, then the audio will come back again.

Device Manager- Sound,video and game controllers- connexant ISST Audio, right click it and select disable device, and then again right click ( now you should see enable device option), click that to enable it. This way you can avoid rebboting the system, everytime the audio disappears. This is useful, if you are running many programs or in the middle of some thing and you do not want to rebbot, but would like to get back the audio. 

Also, I noticed recently hp pushed an update for the driver  via the hp support assisant, it is an update to the BIOS, I promptly did the update, but I am still facing the same random disaaperance of the audio.

VK

HP Recommended

@VK18

I´ll try that next time when the audio is stopping again. Would be great to have a possibility without restarting the PC 😊

Well, that BIOS update is not visible in my support assistant, there was only showing up an Hotkey support, which is not accessible any longer, and an Intel video driver and system control (after that update audio was crashing immediately)

Edit: Well, there it was crashing again, 30 min after fixing it by uninstalling/ installing about 5 times the audio driver...

Unfortunately that doesn´t work for me. If I disable and enable the device I still have no audio.

HP Recommended

@Laura-01,

Initially I was also rebooting the system, everytime audio disappears, but after I found this method, I am doing this on daily basis, for the last 2 months, and I am happy that, I do not need to restart all the programs that I am running again after rebooting.

You are right, now I dont see any updates in support assistant anymore.

VK18

HP Recommended

So recently I downloaded something that appears to have fixed the issue. I downloaded Driver Booster ( https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php ), the free version...and it allowed me to update quite a few drivers. After doing so, I no longer receive the little popping sounds from my speaker and the sound device has yet to disappear. I am trying not to jump the gun, but it has been a couple days and all seems to be working really well. 

HP Recommended

I have had this issue from the moment I turned my computer on.  It is hardware related - there is no way to fix it.  I have spent 3.5 months trying to get HP to give me my money back.  They wont even acknowledge my concerns at this point - they know its not fixable, and they dont want to replace it.  Ive had BestBuy Geek Squad look at it- I have 4 different written documents from them stating it is hardware related and "needs to be replaced under manufacturer warranty".

HP says they will "prorate" me based on the length I have owned it (except they never answer thier phones or return phone calls or emails), so 3 months passed by the time I could get ahold of anyone, and had to do so by filing a complaint on the BBB.com - they are the ones who were finally able to reach HP.  HP also states they wont be returning my sales tax - because that is dependent on state "of course".

So, essentailly, you computer wont make any audio output for hours on end, and thats just how HP rolls.  If you want to contact me, leave a message on my string and we can work together on this.  

Good luck.  My message is just a few below yours.  

HP Recommended

@sadaboutthis

I´m sorry to  hear that you made such a bad experience with HP support.

But maybe there is a solution on the way. I just contacted the HP support in Norway and got a new Audio driver (SP82074). Its not a official release yet since they are not 100% sure if it will solve all issues with the Conxant Audio. Its only to get when you contact the HP Support.

So do the same and ask for that Audi driver, test it and give them feedback if the driver is solving you issues with audio.

This new driver is still working after >30x play/pause/mute etc. That was not possible the last moths without causing the audio to stop (often stopped after 1-2 play/pause).

And I am pretty sure its not an hardware issue. I never had audio problems the first 10 months after I bought my Notebook. It first started in September, after I had to re-install Win10 due to windows-update fail (no updates from jan-sep). So at least in my case, this looks much more like a driver issue than a hardware issue.

Edit:

Here

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82001-82500/sp82074.html

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82001-82500/sp82074.exe

you can find the driver.

Its theoretical for  HP ZBook Studio G4 Mobile Workstation, but if you have Conexant, the drivern should work (info from HP Support)

So give it a try

HP Recommended

After yet another waste of time with HP online tech support I downloaded your drivers and for one entire week now, I have not lost my audio driver!!!

To be fair the tech did try to fix the problem remotely, but 2 days later my audio drivers disappeared again--which I already knew was 99% likely to happen. I even provided the technician with the link to the forums where we are discussing this very problem, but I doubt he/she actually read the discussion.

For everyone tired of losing your audio driver with no real help from HP, try the drivers listed above. One week is at least better than one hour or one day.....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.