Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP=G60-125NR
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Coprocessor has error in device manager on my HPg60-125NR Laptop CD/DVD player wont read discs

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

I doubt the missing coprocessor device has anything to do with the DVD drive not working.

You need this driver for the coprocessor, and you will most likely have to manually install it.

Download and run this driver.  It will probably not automatically install the coprocessor.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45168.exe

If the auto install doesn't work, then you manually install the driver as follows...

Go to the device manager and click on the coprocessor driver neeing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp45168.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then reboot the PC.

W10 does not come with DVD playing software, so you will have to install a program that works with W10.

VLC media player is a popular free app...

Get VLC - Microsoft Store

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.