Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-bl112dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been fighting with this laptop and am about ready to sell it and go back to Mac. When using my Universal Audio Apollo 8p interface, there are frequent clicks and pops that are audible during playback. LatencyMon application tells me that the main issue is ACPI.sys and occasionally also WDF01000.sys. They're each reporting Highest Execution times of up to 1.8ms.

Even when I have the laptop completely disconnected from anything, the DPC latency is very high, but no audible clicks or pops are heard.

I have tried:

-Updating all drivers both with Windows automatically and by clicking each and every driver and installing the SPs via the HP website.

-Completed all typical PC audio system optimizations including disabling system sounds, Processor scheduling for background services, Power options to High Performance, minimum processor state to 100%, don't suspend USB devices, disable background apps, removed many animation effects, turned off USB power management, disabled fast boot and hibernate.

Hopefully someone can help! Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@DANIEL_GENESIS Welcome to HP Community!

Does these noises appear on a headphone as well?

Have you updated the BIOS to resolve the issue?

While you respond to that,

I have a few recommendations: 

• Updating your Notebook computer BIOS 

• Keeping notebook air vents clear and clean 

• Increasing the efficiency of the notebook to reduce heat 

• Using Windows Task Manager to identify corrupt processes 

• Selecting power saves settings to shut off your computer when it is not in use 

For more details: Click here 

(Though the header is different or the link is for another device, the steps to follow will help resolve your concern & By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If the issue persists, please backup all personal data and perform a system reset after creating a new user account to check if that helps.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi and thanks for the response. My computer is dust-free and ventilating. I have monitored my temperatures and they remain around 55-80 degrees celsius.

I'm on bios version F.40 which is the latest BIOS release according to the drivers page. Should I instead be using F.52 Rev A. even though it was released longer ago?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@DANIEL_GENESIS I suggest you install the other version and check if that resolves the issue, if it doesn't, you can revert back to the same BIOS version: click here for details, that said, if the issue persists, you may need to reset your computer using the link I shared earlier.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I downloaded SP95307 which contains F.52 Rev.A but when I run it, the update option is blocked/grayed out. It only enables me to Create Recovery USB Flash Drive and Copy Bios image to any location.

HP Recommended

@DANIEL_GENESIS Go ahead and create it on a USB drive and use the same to update the BIOS using the same link shared before under Recover the BIOS using a USB recovery drive, and let me know how that goes.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Okay I created a usb drive using the prompts and it did not error out, but when I boot, I held down the windows + b keys and it said "The System Bios Recovery Failed. Unable to open BIOS Image file."

HP Recommended

That is caused by new windows 1903 update.

And MS tries burring the problem under canned solutions that delay people from using PC for infinite time, until vendors offer a new driver. In my case they completely destroyed audio subsystem in remote mode reaching nothing... but two days delay, when I had to restore from backup (some people can't and wait a month for factory support).

What is HP doing? That's weird. See here, maybe it can help with your case:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Envy-x360-speakers-crackling/m-p/7241231/highlight/t...

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response. I just wiped the computer clean so I'm willing to do whatever I need to do it.

How can I get the installation file to try using an older version of Windows 10?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.