Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ay008tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP ay008tx laptop and windows 10 running on the system. 

once i update the windows and it downloaded dts sound drivers automatically and they give a very good quality audio experience.

Unfortunately , i had too re-install windows 10 due to some problem of RAM,

and all updates were gone along with dts sound drivers.

I downloaded the audio drivers from hp.com of my particular model but there was only realtek audio drivers, and also tried to update windows which didn't install dts drivers yhis time.

Please help me to get those dts drivers back 'cause they give better audio experience.

I have tried sp69773.exe for dts drivers but this is not which windoe=ws update downloaded. It has only a small window  of contro panel to on and off with a little more options.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@VirtualSardarJi

Please try to download and install

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78234.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@VirtualSardarJi

Please try to download and install

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78234.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot .

You can not estimate  the relief  i got to see back dts control  panel  and the sound quality.

Thanjs for your support .

HP Recommended

Hi, I had a Windows 10 update last night and after restarting there was no audio device installed. Took me several hours of trial/errors to get to reinstall the audio. I finally managed to get it back but I lost the DTS audio control panel, it loads the Realtek generic one with absolutely no audio enhancement options!

I have tried the following:

-Remove Realtek Audio Drivers/software, then restart and reinstall it. Also tried the chipset reinstall method as seen in another forum thread. No luck!

-Reinstalled SP78196, SP78203 and SP78234/

I do have audio working but not the DTS panel for enhancements, please help!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I bought a HP Pavilion 15-ay101nh notebook, which originally had FreeDos on it. I installed Windows 10 x64 and the recommended drivers, including the audio driver, with the help of Driver Booster 4. However, the sound was not what I expected. Theoretically my computer should have DTS Studio Sound, but whenever I open Realtek HD in  the control panel, it shows basic settings and nothing more. I have tried several drivers, including sp78234, but DTS does not appear.

Please help! Thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

I was able to get my sound level back to original through several updates and I was able to use Realtek HD Audio advanced settings but I still can't get the DTS panel.

HP Recommended

esse link é do Realtek

HP Recommended

@ferjota

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To ensure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛
Korean: HP 지식커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Did you get any solution on your issue? Please share. Thank you.

sorry.. Please ignore just see the solution in your posting...

HP Recommended

Hi, will this sp78234 also work ompn all model?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.