Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-29-2020 03:58 PM
When notebook is being charged and using one of these apps (Zoom, Facebook Live, WebEx, Camtasia or MS Teams), the audio is a dragging distorted audio from speaker system. The sound is distorted so bad where it's very hard to understand and also the microphone output back-n-forth to participants is NOT good during this time.
I must find a resolution for this problem
01-03-2021 10:15 PM
@kdog1, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I understand that you are getting distorted sound from your laptop and there is an update for Intel IO drivers that does not get installed.
You can try the below steps to fix the issue.
Use the troubleshooting tool in Windows
The audio troubleshooting tool in Windows can automatically fix common audio recording and audio playback problems with your computer.
Run the troubleshooting tool using the following steps:
- In Windows, type find and fix audio into Search, or right-click the speaker icon in the taskbar and select Troubleshoot sound problems.
- Select Find and fix audio playback problems or Find and fix audio recording problems from the Search results.
- Click Next.
- Select the device you want to troubleshoot and click Next.
- Wait while the troubleshooter detects problems and makes changes (or prompts you to make changes)
- When the troubleshooter is done, the Troubleshooting has completed page is displayed, listing any problems found and what changes were made to the computer.
- NOTE: For detailed information about the troubleshooting, click View detailed information in the troubleshooter window.
- Click Close.
- If a recommended action is displayed, select Apply this fix or Skip this step to continue to search for other problems.
- If the audio problem has not been resolved, continue to the next step.
- Test external speakers or headphones
If the audio problem has not been resolved, use this guided trouble-shooter to further troubleshoot the issue.
For IO driver-related issues I would suggest that you uninstall the HP Support Assistant then install the latest version of from here.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community