Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ac131nv
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

I am experiencing problems with my speakers. Every time I play anything the sound becomes distorted and there is a small buzz, as if the frequencies/sounds are too much for the speakers to handle. It even happens on system sounds. It started happening about a week to 10 days ago, and I think it was after Windows installed a substantial package of updates. I am also under the impression (although I can't be sure) that it doesn't happen directly when I turn the computer on and play something, but if I am playing something and then a system sound or a sound from another source comes up, that's when the distortion occurs. If I plug my headphones in the sound is great and there are no issues.

All my drivers are up-to-date, I manually installed the latest ones two days ago but that didn't seem to solve the problem. I've also made sure that the sound levels (audio output) are not too high.  Any ideas would be much appreciated, as this is becoming very annoying and I am beginning to wonder whether the speakers are somehow damaged. It's barely been 2 months since I bought this computer, so this is quite upsetting.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes I think that did the trick.

Many thanks once again!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Kindly try this workaround

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Crackling-sound-Distorted-Sound/m-p/5797418

Please let us know of the progress.

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended

Yes I think that did the trick.

Many thanks once again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.